Menu

Best online calendar? iPhone?

matrips

I am a paper girl. Love my paper calendar! It hangs on the way in/out of our garage, so I can always see it. But I would like to consider an online calendar. I have my iPhone with me pretty much all the time, so that's seems to be the way I'd probably access the calendar.

So what do you love, hate, recommend and why?! What makes it easy to use? And whatever a newbie might want to know!

Thank!

I like Cozi. It syncs well with dh, super easy to use. The free version has everything you might need, though the pay version has some other options.

This. It allows the whole family to acess the same list.

I like Cozi. It syncs well with dh, super easy to use. The free version has everything you might need, though the pay version has some other options.

We use Cozi as well. We use the pay version (bc dp liked it so much), though we used the free version for a while and it was fine. I love that it syncs with his phone, and he especially loves the reminder feature (he has no sense of time).

I also use the list feature on it to keep grocery lists, etc. This would be a better feature if dp would actually add to the lists, but the app isn't magic.

• Like 1

off to check out cozi!  do I need another calendar for it to sync to?  or can I use cozi as my one and only calendar (I have no others).  I had tried to use Sunrise which was highly rated, but I couldn't add an event.  it kept saying i needed to sync to my other calendars, but I didn't have any.  could not figure it out!

I use the Calendars5 app on my iphone.  It syncs with your calendar stuff from the mac, no problem.  I switched from the default calendar on the phone because I liked the colors and layout better.  Of course, that was a year ago and they may have changed the iphone calendar app since then.  I have everybody color=coded, and on Calendars5 the colors are the whole square.  I just like the way it looks.  :)

• Like 1

off to check out cozi!  do I need another calendar for it to sync to?  or can I use cozi as my one and only calendar (I have no others).  I had tried to use Sunrise which was highly rated, but I couldn't add an event.  it kept saying i needed to sync to my other calendars, but I didn't have any.  could not figure it out!

Go into the calendar on your mac and create calendars.  Set your settings for it to sync with icloud.  Then go to your phone and turn it on in the settings to sync the calendars with icloud.  Then the app you install will automatically sync with the icloud calendar content.  Or google for steps.  :)

• Like 2

okay, downloaded cozi and trying to add stuff.  could one of you help with this?  I have a text message (or an email) with an event.  if I click the date, it says 'add to calendar?'  I say yes, but it's talking about my iphones default calendar or some other calendar, not my cozi calendar.  do I need to add everything manually?  or is there a way I can click on an event date from a text and have it add to cozi?  Thanks!

Go into the calendar on your mac and create calendars.  Set your settings for it to sync with icloud.  Then go to your phone and turn it on in the settings to sync the calendars with icloud.  Then the app you install will automatically sync with the icloud calendar content.  Or google for steps.   :)

I don't have a mac.  I have an iphone and a regular pc (microsoft windows)

okay, downloaded cozi and trying to add stuff.  could one of you help with this?  I have a text message (or an email) with an event.  if I click the date, it says 'add to calendar?'  I say yes, but it's talking about my iphones default calendar or some other calendar, not my cozi calendar.  do I need to add everything manually?  or is there a way I can click on an event date from a text and have it add to cozi?  Thanks!

You have to manually enter it if you use Cozi. It's the one big drawback versus Google or Apple calendar options. That, and to get a few of the features you have to pay.

However, I have found it massively easier to enter things (the user interface is much more intuitive for me and it takes me a lot less time to plug stuff in) and had so many fewer problems syncing across devices and with multiple users.

We pay for it, primarily for the month view feature, which dh really wanted. Also, it's nice to be able to set multiple reminders - sometimes you need one the week before, the day before, and the hour before, you know? My one complaint is that I would like to be able to tell it to remind me even if the event is one of the kids and yet also have them have their own accounts. I just add myself to those events though and then it will - no big, even if it's not "my" piano lesson, I do sort of have to be there, you know.

I don't know all the options. I just started using the google calendar. It is set up so other members of the family can access it. That way everyone in the family with a phone can review what's happening anytime. We just upgraded all our phones and we have four smart phone users (we had no smart phones a couple months ago). I'm finding it really good that other family member can just check the calendar. 

I am also a paper person. Once a week I print the week's google calendar and post it on the refridgerator. 

Anyway, I don't have a particular suggestion, but having the everyone in the family can access it feature might be one you want. And while everyone can access, I am the only one who can edit. This calendar is accessible anywhere I can open up my gmail.