Menu

Harry Potter World

Night Elf

Dd22 wants to book a package deal for 4 nights on site with tickets to Harry Potter World. Can she wait until August to book for October? She won't know her boyfriend's school schedule until he registers in August. Do you have any other tips for booking a trip? It's been so long since we've gone on a vacation to Disney that I don't remember how I booked and if I used a package deal.

Yes, it should be fine. October is a slower month there. We went in March, another slow month and didn't book our hotel until about 2 weeks before (though we've been to Orlando several times and we know were we will and won't stay). I will say that the Univerisal Hotels were actually sold out already...we kinda wanted to splurge and stay there for easier access to the parks. But there are ALWAYS hotels,available in Orlando. And tickets, we bought ours online the night we go there....of,course,I had looked online prior so I knew cost, specials, etc

There shouldn't be any problem getting rooms, but there's something they need to know. In October Universal holds Halloween Horror Nights. Actually, I think it starts in September. Anyway, Universal Studios closes early - usually around 6:00, then reopens for HHN (separate tickets required). Islands of Adventure should have regular hours since it's only in the one park. Are they planning to go to both parks? They should now that HP is in both parks. Just know that they'll need to plan on Studios closing early.

ETA: They're already advertising vacation packages for Halloween Horror Nights 2015.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/

Dd22 wants to book a package deal for 4 nights on site with tickets to Harry Potter World. Can she wait until August to book for October? She won't know her boyfriend's school schedule until he registers in August. Do you have any other tips for booking a trip? It's been so long since we've gone on a vacation to Disney that I don't remember how I booked and if I used a package deal.

I think that should be fine. The new hotel at Universal is cheaper than the other three but it does not have the early open/express privileges the others do. we always stay on site for those; it's been worth it to us.

I don't know if she realizes October is a special month, I'll tell her. I also don't know what hotel she's expecting to stay in. She just told me she finally saved enough for some package deal that had hotel and tickets. The only Fall break this college has is in November at Thanksgiving.