Menu

DH is as obsessed with Skylanders as DS...

AimeeM

For Easter we bought DS5 the Skylanders (for tablet) starter pack. Turns out that it wasn't compatible with his tablet (not our fault - it met the requirements listed on Amazon).

Anyway, I took the kids to my mother's to visit for my nephew's spring break. While we were gone, DH purchased another xbox, the Skylanders starter pack for the xbox for DS. I was thrilled - he fixed that boo boo, as DS was devastated (he had been begging for Skylanders for over a year).

... then I get an e-mail notification from Amazon that DH had also purchased a TON of extra skylander figures (or whatever the play pieces are called).

... then another notification, about ANOTHER shipment.

... then we get back from my mother's, DH takes DS out to buy more skylanders at the toy store.

... then YESTERDAY, DH comes home from the office, with a sheepish look, and he's trying to hide a Best Buy bag behind his back. More skylanders.

The last several nights, he plays Skylanders for an hour or so with DS5 in the office... then when DS goes to bed, DH stays behind and plays another hour or so.

Last night they ARGUED over playing the game. As in, they were arguing about moves and levels while playing the game. Lest you think my husband is younger man, who enjoys gaming - he really isn't. He occasionally plays COD with some colleagues (internet? They play together through the internet, I think). He'll be 46 this August.

I had to threaten to unplug them both last night and toss the game, if they didn't nip the arguing. 

DH's bottom lip poked out at the reprimand, not DS'.

I'm not sincerely upset. I think it's somewhat funny. 

Oh yeah. That is my DH and son with the Ps4 Lego Marvel game and Disney Infinity. DH sneaks over to grab the controller when DS takes a potty break. DS gets annoyed. They are not allowed to play 2-player because they always argue over strategy! DH gets mad that DS isn't working with him as a true teammate. DS gets mad that dad wants to do missions instead of fighting self-created bad guys. SMH. DH is almost 35. Fortunately, there is no gaming at my house M-F.

• Like 1

Dh is not obsessed, but ds wants dh to play with him sooooo badly that he ends up playing quite a bit. Then they argue and get annoyed with each other. The other day I was on the computer in the same room with them and had to keep reminding dh "It is only a game. Ds is only 7 years old."

• Like 1