Menu

How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare. $1.99 on Kindle

Hunter

It's still on sale at 7:00 AM EST. I hope it stays on sale throughout today.

I'm up for discussion of the book. I'm bored. I don't think Shakespeare is all that some others think it is, but it's a stable and lasting body of literature like the Bible, so I'm drawn to it for than reason. It's grounding for me to focus on things that are stable.

It might be fun to occasionally pick a book that goes on Kindle sale and then have a book discussion about it.

Thanks for sharing. I just bought a hardcopy after reading the kindle preview & leafing through a copy at the bookstore. I haven't had a chance to more than start the book, but I'm up for a discussion on it. DD#1 is taking the Macbeth "college bound intensive" through hscollegebound and I've already used part of this book in a discussion with her.

• Like 2

Is this a book that would be more convenient to own a hard copy of? I assumed it was the type of book you'd flip around in.

If I like a book enough to want to have it in hardcopy and take notes in it, then I also want to have a backup eBook if I can get it for less than $2.00.

If someone bought the $2.00 copy and then decides they like it enough to buy hardcopy, I don't think they are wasting their money on the $2.00 eBook. I'm not sure if that makes sense.

I am hesitant to buy $12.00 eBooks I think I need in hardcopy, but not $2.00 eBooks. $2.00 is my sweetspot for a backup eBook.

• Like 4

If I like a book enough to want to have it in hardcopy and take notes in it, then I also want to have a backup eBook if I can get it for less than $2.00.

If someone bought the $2.00 copy and then decides they like it enough to buy hardcopy, I don't think they are wasting their money on the $2.00 eBook. I'm not sure if that makes sense.

I am hesitant to buy $12.00 eBooks I think I need in hardcopy, but not $2.00 eBooks. $2.00 is my sweetspot for a backup eBook.

I'm not a both kinda person. I'll never have a WTM in Kindle. Too much flipping and too many post-its. ;)

I think I'll just get the paperback one in a few years. Thanks though.

• Like 2

I'm not a both kinda person. I'll never have a WTM in Kindle. Too much flipping and too many post-its. ;)

I really depend on some of my back-up copies. TWTM is nice to have on a cellphone when out shopping.

I have tutored with How to Tutor off of just my cellphone.

I have reread and reviewed parts of books to stay fresh when unexpectedly stuck waiting somewhere.

I like back-up eBooks. I totally understand why others might not, though.

• Like 3

I'm not a reference book on Kindle person (and I LOVE my Kindle Voyage), but I'd buy WTM for $2.00 even though I have 2 separate editions in hardback. I'm with Hunter, $2.00 is probably my Kindle sweet spot as well. Which is why I bought HTTYCS just now. I normally wouldn't have in ebook format, but... $2! (Plus, I had a dollar credit for not using my Amazon Prime to ship a package, so it was really only a dollar!)

Thanks for sharing this find, Hunter!

• Like 3

Plus, I had a dollar credit for not using my Amazon Prime to ship a package, so

Wait, what?!? Do you get a credit for having a Prime subscription but choosing regular ship speed instead? Or did I misunderstand?

(sorry for the derailment, I've been considering getting Prime)

Wait, what?!? Do you get a credit for having a Prime subscription but choosing regular ship speed instead? Or did I misunderstand?

Yeah, they occasionally do something like this - some sort of credit. I used a bunch of my credit to buy some e-books & music over the last three months. My last e-book was only $.48.  :hat:  I have nothing right now, though.  :mellow:

• Like 2

(sorry for the derailment, I've been considering getting Prime)

Yup. We have Prime mostly for streaming with shipping convenience being secondary. Plus we get it half off because my husband was a student last time we renewed. Times when I don't care when something gets here, I'm more than happy to take the credit. It usually delays it by 1-3 days, so no big deal. (This one was for pencils, I think. Definitely not in a hurry).

• Like 2

It's still on sale at 7:00 AM EST. I hope it stays on sale throughout today.

I'm up for discussion of the book. I'm bored. I don't think Shakespeare is all that some others think it is, but it's a stable and lasting body of literature like the Bible, so I'm drawn to it for than reason. It's grounding for me to focus on things that are stable.

It might be fun to occasionally pick a book that goes on Kindle sale and then have a book discussion about it.

(My bold.)  This made me think of  http://www.amazon.com/Shakespeare-Saved-My-Life-Solitary-ebook/dp/B00APIVOHU/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1428666796&sr=1-1&keywords=shakespeare+saved 

It makes for an interesting read, though I wouldn't buy it for the price listed on Amazon.  I borrowed it from the Free Library of Philadelphia.

• Like 1