Menu

Netflix comedy suggestions?

MedicMom

Well after a lovely two day stint in the hospital with preterm labor, I am home on medication to stop it and on bedrest till at least Friday.

What's funny on Netflix or Amazon prime? I like standup and funny movies; nothing heavy or sad right now. I don't really like the b grade cult movies usually, but something funny or some good standup suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you watched Chicken Run?  Yes, it's claymation, so suitable for kids, but I know oodles of adults who love it too.

And what about The Big Bang Theory?  We love its comedy, though I know a few who don't due to the oodles of s____ references in some (ok, many) episodes.

I'm enjoying "The Last Man on Earth" it's a new series, but you can watch it via Fox website.

"3rd Rock from the Sun" is now available streaming on Netflix... it's an oldie but goodie.

"The Middle"  however, I don't know if it's available streaming for free.

"Vicar of Dibley"  - love this show... and love Dawn French - another oldie but goodie.

• Like 1

My Name is Earl

Frasier

Friends

How I met your mother

The IT crowd

Psych

The Italian Job

Flypaper

How to Steal a Million

IQ

America's Sweethearts

The whole nine yards

Galaxy quest

Chuck

Houseboat

Burn Notice

The Finder

Anger Management

Firefly

Some of these movies/series on netflix streaming are funny/dark humor (but light enough to handle when my anxiety is high):

• Like 1

I agree with The IT Crowd. Hilarious. 

Better Off Ted (Amazon)

Arrested Development (Netflix)

Freaks and Geeks (Netflix)

Parks and Recreation (Netflix)

Key and Peele (sketch comedy, Amazon)

Movies: 

Groundhog Day (Netflix)

Chef (more a heartfelt drama but under Comedy, Netflix)

Silver Linings Playbook (more a heartfelt drama but under Comedy, Netflix)

The Fairy (French with subtitles, but you really have to like physical comedy, Amazon)

Romantics Anonymous (French with subtitles, romantic comedy, Amazon)

If you don't mind more adult comedy, Broad City (Amazon) was pretty funny. Definitely not for children. It follows 2 single girlfriends through their lives in New York City. The friendship really makes the show for me. I'm usually not into what passes for 'adult' humor, but this is laugh out loud funny in so many places. 

Also on YouTube are clips from The Catherine Tate Show. Depending on your sense of humour, "Office Workers", "Posh People", and "Lauren Cooper" may make you smile.

And Flight of the Conchords is pretty goofy...goofy songs (best on YouTube, it's a show, but the songs in isolation are the funniest parts)

Community-some episodes are a bit random, but all in all it's a great comedy

Jim Gaffigan (stand up-pretty clean and very funny)

John Pinette (also mostly clean, funny stand-up)-I'm not sure if he's on Netflix, but there are many bits on YouTube 

Thanks for these names.  We've been on the hunt for more mostly clean stand up comedians.  Lately we've had a bad run of having to ditch those I've taped due to too much junk in the first 5 - 10 minutes.

We don't mind the off word or topic, but when it's pretty much the whole show, we don't consider it to be comedy.

• Like 2