Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Hi there!

Today I am going to take the dogs on a walk while listening to Mansfield Park on audible. Then I may go to church, or I may do Bible study on my own--feeling a bit under the weather so not sure. I hope to get to the gym later, and also go to the local water park with my boys.

In terms of chores? I need to fold about 20 pounds of laundry, but I have hidden it in the homeschool room so perhaps I will forget ;) 

• Like 3

Good morning! Much cleaning yesterday and ds1's gf arrived late last night. She will be here for the week. She is very nice :).

Today, we have mass and then lunch with my side of the family.

Then, I have to start getting ready for the travel meet with dd1. We leave on Tuesday and will be back the following Monday.

Have a great day, everyone!

• Like 2

Good Morning....

Today our baby turned 17...how did it go by so fast?!   :D  I posted a pic on him on my blog if you want to see him with his cool cake. ;)

Relax and enjoy the day...pick up dinner of his choice.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!

• Like 1

Church in 15 minutes; then getting the last one back off to college post-spring break; then tackling the mound of laundry that came home with us from San Francisco.  At some point today I'd like to work outside just a bit.  My daffodils are gorgeous right now and my magnolia bushes are just budding :)  It's going to be a gorgeous spring day.

• Like 2

Hi!  I am very late today!

I slept in this morning.  Last night we went to a birthday party for an adult family friend.  Might be a cultural thing, but as of 9:45pm they had not yet served the main food.  Also, they had decided it was going to be a "cookout" though it was both cold and dark.  Odd.  We left and went out for pie since the cake was apparently never going to be served.  :p  We were all toast when we got home, and I set my alarm but decided to skip church this morning.

It felt really good to sleep in, after the week I had last week.

Today's list:

• Kids to dance/gymnastics.  [done]
  • Grocery trip.  [done]
  • Clean bathrooms, kitchen, and some clutter.  [done]
  • More planning about the remodeling.  [done]
  • Prepare kids' lists of work for today.  [done]
  • Prepare niece's birthday gifts.  [done]
  • Work until 9pm.  [done]
  • Work breaks for:
    • A little exercise  [done]
    • A little reading  [done]
    • Check in re extended family  [done]
  • Kids' baths.  [done]
  • Pack kids' school bags for Monday.  [done]
  • Lay out school clothes for Monday.  [oops]
  • Kids to bed.  [done]
  • Work until midnight.
  • Like 1

Oh, and my email/calendar issues have still not been addressed.  I have no idea what our tech people are doing.  I have a lot of important emails I need to send out today.  This is getting a bit ridiculous.  Workarounds are available but inefficient and kind of unprofessional.  Gonna be a long day/night.

• Like 1

So feeling pretty poor right now; i don't know if it's emotional or physical, but I may want to cancel all my patients tomorrow. Sigh. And I have been using Retin-A for 5 days and holy cow my face looks like a tomato LOL. I heard it happens but I didn't really believe it.

• Like 1

Had a family day today to celebrate a huge chunk of our project being done. Dd2 got to spend her birthday money. She got an American Girl doll, Julie. She also got to pick out new earrings as did dd1 which they will be a combined birthday/Easter present from the grandparents and us. we go to the piercing shop since I have a history of metal issues. We stopped for lunch at the in-laws too.

• Like 2

Yeah, gotta do those taxes.  I need to plan out my parents' and sister's.  Good reminder.

It's been a pretty good day so far.  I didn't get enough work done, but the kids were in such good moods.  That's something.

I fixed most of the email / calendar problems I was having.  Still seems I've lost all the calendar items that I've added since early November.  :/  I only hope it doesn't land me in too much trouble.

Now back to work, I still have a kajillion things that need to go out before morning.