Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm trying to cut out sugar.  Not all sugar, just candy, baked goods, treats type sugar.  To start.  It's definitely a weakness of mine but it's been making me feel crappy lately.    

Dd wanted Shake Shack after math so I ordered her lunch.  I didn't get anything for myself.  Not even a yummy, delicious, creamy cookies & cream shake (that is 850 calories!). 

So far so good.  I think I last had sugary treats on Thursday of last week.   I even turned down french toast with syrup and powdered sugar when my class made it Friday.

One strategy I'm using is chewing gum when I want something.  But I have a bad habit of swallowing gum.  I can't seem to not swallow it after a while.   I've always been like that.  I'll have to see if I can concentrate and not swallow it. 

ETA:   A sugar free booya.

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

I'm trying to cut out sugar.  Not all sugar, just candy, baked goods, treats type sugar.  To start.  It's definitely a weakness of mine but it's been making me feel crappy lately.    

Dd wanted Shake Shack after math so I ordered her lunch.  I didn't get anything for myself.  Not even a yummy, delicious, creamy cookies & cream shake (that is 850 calories!). 

So far so good.  I think I last had sugary treats on Thursday of last week.   I even turned down french toast with syrup and powdered sugar when my class made it Friday.

One strategy I'm using is chewing gum when I want something.  But I have a bad habit of swallowing gum.  I can't seem to not swallow it after a while.   I've always been like that.  I'll have to see if I can concentrate and not swallow it. 

ETA:   A sugar free booya.

Whoo!  Go Toto!  That's a really hard thing to do and you're doing great!

I am trying to stop eating after dinner.  I don't NEED to eat after dinner.  But.  I do anyways.  When I don't eat before bed I sleep so much better and even gradually lose weight.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!!

Busy day today. DS goes to work early, DD1 has work today, so i drop her off at 7:30, Baby goes to open gym at school for volleyball practice at 7:30, so I will drop her off after I drop off DD1 and then middle DD has an x-ray scheduled by the orthodontist, but we have to go to their Big City office instead of their little satellite office in our smaller town. And then VBS tonight. It went well last night. I have a small group of sweet kids. No complaints.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm not happy with the beef stroganoff recipe we had for dinner.  Oh well.  It was decent, just not as good as I remember.

The beef stroganoff recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook is really good. I will try to remember to get it to you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

It's almost summer!

I cut down a couple dead branches out back to give the squirrels more of a challenge.  The nuthatches, chickadees, and finches really like the new feeder.  Haven't seen the grackles yet.  

I'm having coffee later this morning with a friend.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Morning.  Slept in a little bit today, got up around 9:30.    I'm getting ready to head to work to do some organizing, finally clean up from classes ending, and setting up for summer.  I don't have to do it all today, I'll have time tomorrow afternoon and Thursday morning, plus the weekend.  I just don't want to leave it all for the last minute. 

Did about 20 minutes on the under desk elliptical this morning.  

• Like 4

Got my yoga done. Smoothie for breakfast. I've been struggling so much with losing weight. I'm still technically on WW, but I can't stick with it. I tend to self medicate with food and it's not carrot sticks and hummus.i need to eliminate processed sugar from my diet. I think that would help a lot.

• Like 3

Somehow I deleted my summer camp files.  One file was basically a list of activities and instructions with some pictures, the other files were all Powerpoints to be used in class.   All of them, gone.  

I checked my home computer, my at work computer, the Recycle bins of both, all three shared drives and the Trash on each of those, I checked email in case I sent it to anybody or myself.  Nothing.  Gone.

I was able to pick up a print-out of it from one of my teachers, but I have to recreate the document and all the PPTs.   A lot of it was stuff from previous years, but still.   So much work lost. 

• Sad 4

I'm taking a 3-day course (today being day 2) in which I basically learn how to organize disaster response... as a person who will presumably only ever be a helper on the fringes. Nevertheless, I'm going to know how it works!

I'm kind of fried. At least I'm getting more out of it (group activities in person) then I did the prerequisites (online slide shows with quizzes).

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 73349 said:

I'm taking a 3-day course (today being day 2) in which I basically learn how to organize disaster response... as a person who will presumably only ever be a helper on the fringes. Nevertheless, I'm going to know how it works!

I'm kind of fried. At least I'm getting more out of it (group activities in person) then I did the prerequisites (online slide shows with quizzes).

why are you learning that?

• Like 2

I may need second sleep.   

I had to get up early to take ds to his physical.  All went well, he's healthy.  But I didn't get to finish my tea and it's a long drive with traffic.  We got back and I had a mild headache so I made some iced tea to bring to work with me hoping the caffeine would help.  But the headache got worse and I felt vaguely nauseous, so I ended up leaving work without getting much done, came home and had some toast and my usual hot tea.   It seems to be helping some (although the Advil may be doing more), but I'm thinking a nap might also be a good idea.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Susan- that reminds me that our local library is going to have a ukulele jam. I thought of you. 

Road trip!  I wish my library would have a ukulele jam.  This probably means I need to start one myself.  I'm a little nervous because I've never been to one before and this one is in The Big City and I may need to Find Parking.  😩

8 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

I may need second sleep.   

I had to get up early to take ds to his physical.  All went well, he's healthy.  But I didn't get to finish my tea and it's a long drive with traffic.  We got back and I had a mild headache so I made some iced tea to bring to work with me hoping the caffeine would help.  But the headache got worse and I felt vaguely nauseous, so I ended up leaving work without getting much done, came home and had some toast and my usual hot tea.   It seems to be helping some (although the Advil may be doing more), but I'm thinking a nap might also be a good idea.  

Nap is always a good idea!

• Like 3

All normal life is cancelled today because I only got a couple of hours sleep last night.  Also cancelled is caffeinated tea.  I have actually slept on and off for half of the morning but had to get up so that hungry animals wouldn't eat me in my sleep. 

I do have a chiropractor appt. today. I will go to that.  And I will try to do some normal things but I'm not going to push myself. 

My biggest concern is that I absolutely have to be bright eyed and bushy tailed on Saturday and I can't afford to get sick or for this to continue. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I’ve never seen a house finch so vividly redheaded as the one that was at my bird feeder this morning. I bet he gets all the ladies.

I love finches. Baby and I went on a walk this morning and saw a couple of mockingbirds singing away. 

• Like 3

The squirrels and grackles have managed to empty out the new birdfeeder.  I may start looking for a way to thwart the squirrels.

After quartet I went to Panara and had soup and salad.  I wasn't crazy about the salad (Asian citrus crunch) but it was decent.  Afterwards I braved Heavy Traffic and found a parking spot on the street for the ukulele jam, which was held outside, but they had a couple canopies to keep us out of the light rain.  It was fun, though it was hard to hear because it was outdoors.  They did some songs that I know, but in totally different keys, and I learned a couple neat tricks.  They plan to continue doing a monthly jam as soon as they get permission from a venue - either a school or library.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

DD1 goes to work a little later this morning. Baby has volleyball this afternoon instead of the morning, but i need to get to Big 5 and get her some knee pads.

VBS is going. I don’t know where they get this curriculum. The theme doesn’t make sense and the music is awful. And that’s not just me being an old lady. i looked around the auditorium and nobody was singing, most of the kids were half-heartedly jumping around or talking to their neighbor. I don’t want to be a complainer, but… there’s been years where the songs stick in your head all day. These songs are unsingable and the best you can do is try to follow along with the dance moves. I can get the clapping part right. Oh well. Two more days of this.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

DD1 goes to work a little later this morning. Baby has volleyball this afternoon instead of the morning, but i need to get to Big 5 and get her some knee pads.

VBS is going. I don’t know where they get this curriculum. The theme doesn’t make sense and the music is awful. And that’s not just me being an old lady. i looked around the auditorium and nobody was singing, most of the kids were half-heartedly jumping around or talking to their neighbor. I don’t want to be a complainer, but… there’s been years where the songs stick in your head all day. These songs are unsingable and the best you can do is try to follow along with the dance moves. I can get the clapping part right. Oh well. Two more days of this.

Is this the 80s theme?

I wish churches would return to the classic Sunday school songs. Our kids watched Cedermont kids when they were little so they know them all, but they aren't often sung at church. Dd2 was so excited when "Give Me Oil in My Lamp" was sung in a camp chapel service.

• Like 3

I feel like the topics fore VBS lately are pretty weird.  I remember when the topics were things like Noah's Ark or something like that.  Now they seem really out there. 

Our local themes this year are Stellar, Food Truck Party (??), Rocky Railway, Concrete Cranes (??), Stompers & Chompers (dinosaurs I think?).

God's Wonder Lab doesn't seem super outrageous, and Farm Fresh Faith seems okay.

• Like 6

I ended up doing paperwork and relaxing yesterday since I wasn't feeling great.  We have the whole super heavy feeling air today since a bunch of rain is coming but not here yet.  Nice, oppressive humidity.   I did sleep in a little while.  

I'm heading to work soon to do some more organizing and straightening up.  Then I have to run back home to pick up dd for math, then we are having our 4H end of year party.  I'm trying to decide on an activity or game.  It needs to be fairly unstructured since they'll be eating and socializing mostly.    I want to keep it fairly simple.  

• Like 5

I set out a handful of pistachios in a little cage thing to see if squirrels will eat pistachios.  Yup.  I'm hoping to distract them from the bird feeder with easy food until I can make something more sensible.  I think it would be fun to make a treat dispenser puzzle thing like they make for dogs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I set out a handful of pistachios in a little cage thing to see if squirrels will eat pistachios.  Yup.  I'm hoping to distract them from the bird feeder with easy food until I can make something more sensible.  I think it would be fun to make a treat dispenser puzzle thing like they make for dogs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dianthus said:

Is this the 80s theme?

I wish churches would return to the classic Sunday school songs. Our kids watched Cedermont kids when they were little so they know them all, but they aren't often sung at church. Dd2 was so excited when "Give Me Oil in My Lamp" was sung in a camp chapel service.

It’s called “Ready, Set, Move”. By a publisher called Orange. whatever.  I have no idea what it is really about.  Nothing makes sense. There’s nothing concrete. 

I took over the preschool Wednesday night program. The music is all Cedarmont Kids and they love it. Catchy, singable songs and easy motions. Those kids would sing “Climb, climb up Sunshine Mountain” every week if I would let them.  And we use the curriculum made for the “Jesus Storybook Bible” which is really good. Concrete,  easy to understand, foundational. 

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4