Menu

Ignore this thread!

Shoveled and spread three wheelbarrows of bark. I only need one more wheelbarrow of bark to finish this tree circle. I seriously thought about breaking my three wheelbarrow limit but I decided that risking injury to my back or shoulders wasn’t worth it. 

A barking booyah!  🌲

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I took Baby and her bestie to the zoo today. We saw all the things. We petted the sting rays and even fed the giraffe with the 80 lb. head. Yep. That giraffe had an 80 lb. head. And we got popsicles. DS was a little out out because we never fed the giraffes before and never got popcicles.

• Like 3

Good Morning!  Happy Friday!

Last day of class for the school year.  I have one chemistry class and we are learning about macronutrients and making french toast.    I have to run to AFSA this morning for ingredients.  

I don't remember the last time I posted.  It's been a busy week, weird week.   So I'm just going to update everything I can think of.  🙂 

I decided to stop taking Berberine and see if it's causing the dry mouth.   I'll wait a week, then start it again and see if the dry mouth comes back.   Then I guess I have to decide if the beneficial effects of the berberine are worth putting up with the dry mouth if it does appear to be due to that.  

I started HRT and so far nothing feels any different.

I'm trying to not eat any sugary snack foods.  It was getting excessive and sugar has started to make me feel really weird.   At least I think it's the sugar, I guess we'll see.  I need to lose weight and cutting out/down drastically on the sugar should really help with that.  

The other day the nailbeds on my right hand were purpley.   That hand sometimes feel colder than the rest of me, I think related to the old very bad break in my wrist.   It was chilly but I don't think much under 60 degrees so not freezing or anything but I was cold and put on long sleeves and socks.   The purple went away when I took a warm shower.    I did check pulse ox and blood pressure and both were normal.  So that was weird.  

I am doing our under step elliptical every morning for at least 15 minutes.  Will be able to do more, as well as more walking/yoga/hiking now that classes are done.   

I'm off next week but have to organize a 10x10 storage unit that has had stuff just added to the top of the pile lately.  I need to do it next week since I need stuff for camps that start the following week.

We sent a proposal to our landlord for the larger upstairs space.  It's a low offer.   We haven't heard back from him yet but I guess it wasn't dismissed completely.    There's a very definite firm deadline for us to move - we have to be able to be in there by mid August so we are ready for classes to start in September.   

I think that wraps up my life for the past week or so.  

• Like 4

Good morning!

The California strawberries I got at Aldi yesterday were huge.  One was the size of the palm of my hand.  I made French toast for breakfast this morning and Dd16 made strawberryhenge with the strawberry slices.  

I'm taking her to the fancy Big City fish store in an hour so she can get a birthday gift for a friend and also get some fancy shrimp for her betta tank.  

Also need to get Pup to the vet.  I was able to get an appointment for 2:00 this afternoon.

Other than that I need to call Xfinity and figure out what is going on with my service.  I think that's all that's going on today.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Finished shoveling and spreading one wheelbarrow of bark, finishing off the tree circle. 

Started work on a virgin tree circle which involved… wait for it… weed whacking!

Xena rolled a very heavy slate rock 25 feet to an out of the way spot until I figure out what to do with it. 

Started work on a new year long project- very slowly moving a few hundred pounds worth of heavy gravel that is pushing part of our fence over. I have waited over two years and am tired of waiting so like the Little Red Hen I’m going to do it myself. And I refuse to listen to anyone (back story there) telling me that I am not doing it efficiently etc. because at least I am doing it. I freed one fence board today. My goal will be one fence board a day until the fence is not being damaged anymore. Then I will have to figure out a new strategy for the four feet of gravel in front of the fence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Good morning!

I slept late!  Well, first I woke up early and then I dozed off again.    

I have conflicting instructions from vets.  The previous vet was telling me to leave Pup's ears alone - don't pluck the ear fur (causes more irritation) and just treat him for allergies and get an allergy shot.  The vet we saw yesterday plucked the fur in both ears (even the one that doesn't get infected) and didn't give him the allergy shot and told me to have his groomer also pluck the ear fur.  Sigh.

Have to go to xfinity today.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I slept late!  Well, first I woke up early and then I dozed off again.    

I have conflicting instructions from vets.  The previous vet was telling me to leave Pup's ears alone - don't pluck the ear fur (causes more irritation) and just treat him for allergies and get an allergy shot.  The vet we saw yesterday plucked the fur in both ears (even the one that doesn't get infected) and didn't give him the allergy shot and told me to have his groomer also pluck the ear fur.  Sigh.

Have to go to xfinity today.  

Coffee!

We plucked our poodles ear fur with hemostats. She would get yeast infections so ended up with miconazole cream and we'd tie her ears back to let them get more air. Also had the groomer shave underneath ear.

• Like 3

I ordered a new birdfeeder to feed the grackles.  And probably also the squirrels.  Ds27 had compassion on me and did the whole new modem set-up for me.  Now imma go to xfinity and then stop by the Kroger.  I really like our xfinity service as long as I don't ever have to contact them or look for information on their website or my account.

• Like 3

I lied. I had to go outside because I left a container open and I needed to drain the rain water out and put on the lid. When I went outside I realized that the rain had stopped for now. So I freed one more fence board. But it was so muddy that my gloves were covered in mud. Fortunately it’s a good day to wash my gardening gloves because I won’t use them again until Monday.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!!

Last night we watched the second installment in our 80’s Summer Film Fest. “Steel Magnolias”. Barely made it in in 1989, but it is my all time favorite movies. Full of quotable lines. All-star cast. I cry every. single. time.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Happy Father's Day, or not, take your pick.

We went to change the flowers at the memorial gardens last night but we don't have any other plans for today.  We went to early service and then home.  I have to bring the two youngers to a string music camp in a couple hours and attend a parent meeting and then I might go to a children's choir concert at a local church.  Or might not.  

I bought some herb plants at AFSA yesterday and might get to planting them, or might work on the new bird feeder when it gets here and work on the herbs tomorrow.

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I watched Star Trek IV:  The Voyage Home last night.  It's the one with whales.  I remember watching it in the theater when it came out.  Then we went home and listened to a record album of whale songs! 

You have a record of whale songs?  That's pretty cool!  

• Like 1

Love Steel Magnolias. Such a great movie.

I watched half of La Vita e Bella with dd yesterday. Such a great movie also. But must watch in Italian with subtitles. The dubbed version is terrible. It's been so long since I've seen it. I stopped when it seemed tlit may get inappropriate for dd. I'll have to watch ahead before we finish.

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's the Queen's favorite day!

Happy Juneteenth!  A couple people have off work today.

I'd like to go back to sleep.  Nevertheless.  I'm trying to decide if I should bring the van to the garage today for an oil change and see if they can fix the headlight/wiring.  The IP oatmeal should be done soon.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!

VBS starts this week. It’s never really my favorite thing to do, but need to support the church, so we do it. 

Having a cool down this week, which is nice. June has been very pleasant weather-wise. 

I’m getting caught up on my reading. Finished my first Agatha Christie book last night - “The Mysterious Affair at Styles.” It was really good, although the genre isn’t my favorite. I will likely pick up another sometime.  Yesterday at church the library was purging and had a free book table. I picked up a book of poetry written by some local woman. it wasn’t self-published, but….anyways. I started it last night. Definitely not Robert Frost, but should fulfill the “book of poetry” category in my reading challenge.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

Morning, Happy Monday.    

I'm off this week but of course, have a ton of stuff to do.   Today I'm going to try and reorganize my storage unit so I can find the stuff I need for summer camps.    The kids have their annual check-ups later in the week.   And I'm continuing my math workshop for the summer so I have that this afternoon and Thursday afternoon.  

Our first camp has pretty small enrollment (I think 6 kids right now).  Partially because some schools are still in session that week and partially because it leads into the holiday weekend.   I was going to let the teacher that was working with me handle it, while I stayed on site in case she needed help and so there was more than one adult around.  But now an older kid that I've had in class registered and I think I may need to keep a closer eye on things.  

• Like 2

Mom and oldest dd came over for dinner last night for Father's day.  Dh cooked his own dinner since I don't cook and he likes to.   

Mom is supposed to get another knee replacement and is acknowledging that the stairs in her house might actually be an issue.   She mentioned she could sleep downstairs if she needs to, but the only full bathroom is upstairs, which seems like an issue to me.   Especially if we're talking about weeks on crutches.  

• Like 2

Ugh, Toto.  That's so hard, especially since she just moved in there!

I've decided to wait to bring the van in until next week.  Instead I planted the dill, mint, and rosemary, and move some of the thyme to another container.

I'm still working on a way to hang the new bird feeder.  My first plan did not work, so I ordered a thing that I'm hoping can be jury-rigged into something that works.  In the mean time, the squirrels believe they have hit the jackpot what with the low hanging feeder and seeds all over the place!

Ds18 just went to the movie theater to see if they are hiring.

• Like 4

I got my storage room all reorganized and grabbed out the stuff I need for camps.   It doesn't look much better but I can get to things easier.   If we end up moving to the space upstairs at work, we will get rid of the storage unit.  I may have to make some decisions to get rid of some things. 

I'm having lunch and cooling off before hopping in a shower before math class.  

• Like 3

Weed whacked 
Freed another fence board from the evil gravel pile. 

I have a big spruce branch that is too big for the yard waste bin. I want to cut it in pieces to meet the requirements. So I was using a pruning saw on what I swear is petrified wood!!  I got halfway through the branch in one place but then ran out of strength. Will chip away at it throughout the week- literally. 

• Like 3