Menu

Ignore this thread!

Bummer on the butt thing. I love having a nice butt. The Kjv definitely gets me at times. I love that you can't boil a kid in its mother's milk and that Lydia chick in the new testament that makes colors and ties people up in her basement. That's some hard core drugs right there.

I'm pretty sure it was talking about a kid as in a baby goat, and Lydia... never mind. You're being facetious.

I also love having a nice butt.

#isaidbutttoo

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I'm pretty sure it was talking about a kid as in a baby goat, and Lydia... never mind. You're being facetious.

I also love having a nice butt.

#isaidbutttoo

It was. Lydia makes purple dye and the wording of her urging them to stay with her sounds like she tied them up. I think you have a nice butt.
  • Like 2

She's just going to leave my father in law too. The one who reacted poorly to the chemo and had all the strokes. The one who can't cook for himself. He called life alert a few months ago because he fell out of bed. I guess he can just spend Christmas by himself on the kitchen floor.

This isn't cool.

• Like 3

My mother in law informed us that she was coming for Christmas a few months ago. I didn't want to deal with her so she and Matt struck a deal that we would pay for the one additional ticket needed for Matt and the kids to fly out so that the they could see the entire family instead of just her. They went a few weeks ago and had a blast. My sister in law just informed me that her mother is still getting a ticket to fly out for Christmas. I don't think she's going to ask, I think she's just going to get a ticket. The last time we told her she wasn't invited she just showed up with no money for a hotel. For a week and a half. To judge my parenting, and how I fulfill my role as a wife, and tell me how I'm ruining my kids, and complain about my cooking. For a week and a half. Matt thinks we should surprise her by driving to my dad's for Christmas. He lives in California.

A trip to Cali sounds like a great idea!

• Like 2

I don't know if this is okay or not, depending on the time.  I hope all is well.

All was well. She came home with the pastor and wife. What happened was, I was supposed to have been doing my homework but fell asleep. I awoke when she got home and finished my homework.

• Like 4

Got an general e-mail from a high school friend today, addressed to all of us at our small overseas boarding school.  I replied but forgot that my e-mail lists my official name (not Jean).  As he formally thanked me for a reply, I could tell that he had absolutely no idea who I was.  I was kind and told him who I really am.  Sometimes I forget that I'm Clark Kent.  

• Like 9

I was at the troop meeting.  They suggested I be the leader next year, and I laughed, shook my head and said, "You people are crazy."  Then I told them I already had regrets about being Treasurer!  They seem to like me anyway, even though I'm blunt.  I told them today I'm going through menopause, and they argued with me. :lol:

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 7

I was at the American Heritage Girls meeting.  They suggested I be the leader next year, and I laughed, shook my head and said, "You people are crazy."  Then I told them I already had regrets about being Treasurer!  They seem to like me anyway, even though I'm blunt.  I told them today I'm going through menopause, and they argued with me. :lol:

It's fun to be the oldest and paving the way.  You can be all "when I get old and wear purple" on them.  Plus, I seem to get away with a lot.

Yeah, I like pulling the "old" card.

When I was only 36-going-on-37 and pregnant with my youngest, I had all kinds of advice and whatnot. I would look at them straight in the eye and say, "I'm too old to care." You know, the whole AMA deal.

I was always told I have an old soul. Then, now, I must be ancient.

Just back from an orchestra concert. The piano soloist who was supposed to play got sick and cancelled on Monday, and our "rehearsal pianist" agreed to fill in. He learned and memorized an entire Liszt piano fantasy in 3 days. He is a gifted man!

The Tchaikovsky symphony (the 5th one) made me a little teary. It's been so long since I've played one of his symphonies and I got a bit sentimental. Did you know that Tchaikovsky used to have nightmares that sharps and flats were chasing him? And he hated his 1812 Overture and wished the Russian people didn't love and request it so much! The reviews after the first performance of his violin concerto were so scathing I'm sure no one believed it would become one of the most beloved violin pieces ever written. ("The violin is no longer played, but rent asunder, beaten black and blue. … Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto brings us face to face for the first time with the revolting idea: May there not also be musical compositions which stink to the ear?")

#iknewyouwantedtoknowthisstuff

#thecomposersstruggleisreal

• Like 6

Renai - I hope you've gotten up to pee by now.

I finally did...about 15 minutes ago.  :leaving:  In fact, I had walked past the bathroom to the bedroom, sat down, got comfy, then remembered that I really really needed to go. Older dd was like, "then just go!!" So I did.

• Like 1

I finally did...about 15 minutes ago.  :leaving:  In fact, I had walked past the bathroom to the bedroom, sat down, got comfy, then remembered that I really really needed to go. Older dd was like, "then just go!!" So I did.

I've told dd "Could you go to the bathroom for me?"  She tells me that it doesn't work that way.  I thought that kids were for delegating stuff to!  

• Like 3

I've told dd "Could you go to the bathroom for me?"  She tells me that it doesn't work that way.  I thought that kids were for delegating stuff to!  

I have also used that line. I have received a similar response. I told you I was an old soul.

I'm typing one-handed.

• Like 3