• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

This is my life:

0-15 abusive home

15-18 lived on the streets, the janitor made sure the homeless kids were fed and showered

19-20 travel the country volunteering

20-29 married, dog groomer>SAHM

I've either lived in a commune, with someone, or was homeless. The college I went to was to learn construction and boys with toys like that do not act like adults. I've had difficult times, don't get me wrong, but I've never been a normal responsible adult. I never had to.

Umm, Slash?

You are one now, and doing a *damn* fine job of it, too. Just ask the well-adjusted tiny humans in your house.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm a responsible adult now? I pay all the bills and taught a small human to read. That's pretty good, right? Oh this is frightening.

Opps. Replied too quickly; I see you were getting there all your own self.  Like the intelligent, responsible adult you are.

• Like 3

Okay, everyone.  Stop it with the pizza torture, will you?  DH is working and DD gets to go across the street to Nonna's house (courtesy grandmother) for homemade pizza.  Nonna's dad was from Sicily.  Nonna's homemade anything Italian rocks the house.

Me, I get to stay here chained to the computer so I can make Monday's work deadline.

Poor me.

• Like 5

Quick homework help question: I'm needing to add the specific standards to a list I'm creating and trying to decide how I should do it. I currently have it:

Develop cognitive (EI #5.1, 19.1) and gross and fine motor skills (EI #2.2), and emotional intelligence (EI #24.2, 27.1) through a well-prepared environment and appropriate materials and activities.

I'm thinking I should put the EI numbers at the end like:

Develop cognitive skills, gross and fine motor skills, and emotional intelligence through a well-prepared.....(EIs # 2.2, 5.1, 19.1, 24.2, 27.1)

• Like 2

Sounds like you are adulting just fine.

I, too, had to adult when I was growing up, and I, too, went through my delayed childhood phase.  One good thing about those is it tends to keep you young in heart for decades, if not forever, mostly because you have already seen the serious side and can better appreciate the silly.

I can also tell you you will eventually reach the stage where you realize you are perfectly fine and responsible enough, and you will start to revel in being the family matriarch of authority.  This position doesn't get bestowed upon you, you just stop accepting any guff from anyone and take it.  "We are NOT going to even start THAT nonsense!" (said usually to someone being way too serious and self-important).

ETA:  Booyah!!!!

ROFL omg that is me at work, at all locations.  We were just laughing about that yesterday. At the afterschool care, the staff can't figure out why the kids say I am their favorite, I am the meanest one (but also the one most likely to spoil them and play with them), at the college daycare, the staff will be lamenting how the kids won't listen to them (yesterday was 4 year olds), and I literally snap my fingers and point and they stop what they are doing.  My boss says I have a presence, the kids do as they are told and want to do the right things to make me happy (I wish my own kids did that). I find it hilarious, I am the tough one, and yet again the one that lets them have more freedom too.  So maybe I getting to that stage.

• Like 3

Quick homework help question: I'm needing to add the specific standards to a list I'm creating and trying to decide how I should do it. I currently have it:

Develop cognitive (EI #5.1, 19.1) and gross and fine motor skills (EI #2.2), and emotional intelligence (EI #24.2, 27.1) through a well-prepared environment and appropriate materials and activities.

Develop cognitive skills, gross and fine motor skills, and emotional intelligence through a well-prepared.....(EIs # 2.2, 5.1, 19.1, 24.2, 27.1)

I agree.  The first way makes it really hard to read, and it makes me start thinking about comma placement.

• Like 2

Hmm, I actually prefer the top one because it specifies which EI numbers match each skill set.  THough I think either way would be fine. If you did the top one I would take out the word and after the EI set for cognitive, include the word skills after cognitive and then a comma after the closed parenthesis, seems like too many and's in there.

If It were me I would write, 

Develop cognitive skills(EI #5.1, 19.1), gross and fine motor skills (EI #2.2), and emotional intelligence (RI # 42.2, 27.1) through a well prepared environment, utilizing appropriate materials and activities.  

Just to get rid of so many ands, though I am no expert and that is not what you asked lol

• Like 3

You rock, Jean!  I'm sorry that your body is hurting, but I hope that your spirit is more at peace.  The beauty of God's creation can be so healing.  (Was that last berry a thimbleberry?  We loves us some thimbleberries! :drool5: )

I'm looking at a edible berry guide now.  All I know so far is that the first one was absolutely not a salmon berry.  The second one was sort of tiny raspberry ish but grew right against the ground.  I can't tell if it was a thimbleberry or not.  

• Like 1

ah and if anyone cares, I am now craving pizza, but I ended up eating jam toast for supper lol gonna have some broccoli soup later (my fav) I am refusing to adult when it comes to meal prep while the kids are away.  This last week I have eating over easy eggs and toast everyday for at least 1 meal, a ton of cherries, crackers, apples, salad, and popcorn for suppers 1 more week and I will be back to my usual routine of cooking for hte family and healthy eating.  FOr now I refuse to make anything that takes more than 5 minutes

• Like 3

ah and if anyone cares, I am now craving pizza, but I ended up eating jam toast for supper lol gonna have some broccoli soup later (my fav) I am refusing to adult when it comes to meal prep while the kids are away.  This last week I have eating over easy eggs and toast everyday for at least 1 meal, a ton of cherries, crackers, apples, salad, and popcorn for suppers 1 more week and I will be back to my usual routine of cooking for hte family and healthy eating.  FOr now I refuse to make anything that takes more than 5 minutes

What about your whole 30?

I agree.  The first way makes it really hard to read, and it makes me start thinking about comma placement.

Hmm, I actually prefer the top one because it specifies which EI numbers match each skill set.  THough I think either way would be fine. If you did the top one I would take out the word and after the EI set for cognitive, include the word skills after cognitive and then a comma after the closed parenthesis, seems like too many and's in there.

If It were me I would write, 

Develop cognitive skills(EI #5.1, 19.1), gross and fine motor skills (EI #2.2), and emotional intelligence (RI # 42.2, 27.1) through a well prepared environment, utilizing appropriate materials and activities.  

Just to get rid of so many ands, though I am no expert and that is not what you asked lol

Well, there's a vote for each way. Brandy, I did make that change after I posted. It had been bothering me. I'm actually revising my philosophy that I've written before, and with changes are cropping up some awkward wording. And that comma issue, lol.

Would I help if I state that there is a bulleted list  of six of these type statements?

• Like 1

Well, there's a vote for each way. Brandy, I did make that change after I posted. It had been bothering me. I'm actually revising my philosophy that I've written before, and with changes are cropping up some awkward wording. And that comma issue, lol.

Would I help if I state that there is a bulleted list  of six of these type statements?

Actually, I change my vote and go with swellmomma's modifed version of 1.

• Like 3

What about your whole 30?

yeah, it's on hold.  It takes effort to plan ahead and prepare the food.  I don't wanna, so I'm not lol I do have to restart, I feel WAY better on it, I have already had 3 bad headaches this week due to what I have eaten.  But I don't care lol.  Wednesday is child support day so I have to go grocery shopping and get what I need both for my whole30 and for hte kids return.  I plan on sticking with my lazy eating until then.  it's only once a year I can do this.

• Like 2

coat #2 of primer done.  I have to say as much as I hate working in this heat due to the whole dripping sweat thing, it certainly helps the paint dry fast.  The wallpaper sections do need a 3rd coat, but the rest is good to go witht eh 2 I did.

• Like 2

well if you have 6 and they are similarly worded then perhaps having the EIs at the end of each one.  I would have to see all 6 together to say for sure.

• Like 2

yeah, it's on hold.  It takes effort to plan ahead and prepare the food.  I don't wanna, so I'm not lol I do have to restart, I feel WAY better on it, I have already had 3 bad headaches this week due to what I have eaten.  But I don't care lol.  Wednesday is child support day so I have to go grocery shopping and get what I need both for my whole30 and for hte kids return.  I plan on sticking with my lazy eating until then.  it's only once a year I can do this.

You're bad. This is my last ditch effort to lose fat before we allow for another baby. I won't be in perfect shape and I'll have to continue after it's evicted. I plan on a whole 30, but I'm leaving the option open for a whole 90. I don't really know what it will look like on a daily basis or how it will effect our budget. I'm not having the kids do it. They have always had sausages, yogurt and apples for breakfast, and peanut butter honey sandwiches for lunch with carrots and fruit. It's convenient, healthy, cheap, and goes well with with a protein and veggie heavy dinner which is the norm for us so I plan on sticking with it as long as they're into it.

• Like 3

Ok, so basically how I already wrote it but with the grammar modifications (I was getting there, really!). It is slide 6, Curriculum Goals here: http://prezi.com/tq7cb6v918ui/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy

Ok reading through that slide I would leave it like you have it on the slide with just the few grammar modifications.  Point #3 on there has a lot of EIs and it will be unwieldy to have them all listed at the end.  Leave them where they are is my vote.

• Like 2

Ok, so basically how I already wrote it but with the grammar modifications (I was getting there, really!). It is slide 6, Curriculum Goals here: http://prezi.com/tq7cb6v918ui/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy

I can't get it to load.  I think my security software is interfering and Tech Support DH is at work. (You know, you'd think that I could have helped out and edited the darn thing.  You know, what I get paid for.  You know, what I'm chained to the computer doing tonight. And have been so chained and so doing since noon.  I think it's wine o'clock. [or is that whine o'clock?]) 

If I can get it to open (like, tomorrow, because I need help), I'll take a look and send suggestions, if you'd like.

• Like 1

Okay, everyone.  Stop it with the pizza torture, will you?  DH is working and DD gets to go across the street to Nonna's house (courtesy grandmother) for homemade pizza.  Nonna's dad was from Sicily.  Nonna's homemade anything Italian rocks the house.

Me, I get to stay here chained to the computer so I can make Monday's work deadline.

Poor me.

JoJos?  Just got done with our Papa Murphy's   :leaving:

But you don't have to feel too envious.  More pain is rolling in - in my arms, not my legs so it isn't the kind of pain that normal people would get from a hike.  (I promise that I did not hike with my arms).  

I love it. Can I say that I don't like the 2(?) points where it goes to a blank spot. I think once it transitions that the words should appear. I think it's well thought out and visually appealing. Good job!

Well, maybe some of us are.

Or perhaps some of us are just exquisitely awesome.

Me, I'm going with Option 2.

Yo tambien.

This is a very unpredictable thread.  Who could predict nightly hulas and booya(h) fights and our very own theme song?  

You predicted 200 pages?

• Like 2

JoJos?  Just got done with our Papa Murphy's   :leaving:

But you don't have to feel too envious.  More pain is rolling in - in my arms, not my legs so it isn't the kind of pain that normal people would get from a hike.  (I promise that I did not hike with my arms).  

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

You deserve pizza.  And chocolate.

• Like 1

I can't get it to load.  I think my security software is interfering and Tech Support DH is at work. (You know, you'd think that I could have helped out and edited the darn thing.  You know, what I get paid for.  You know, what I'm chained to the computer doing tonight. And have been so chained and so doing since noon.  I think it's wine o'clock. [or is that whine o'clock?]) 

If I can get it to open (like, tomorrow, because I need help), I'll take a look and send suggestions, if you'd like.

I know, I know. I actually like to edit. Once I actually figure out what I'm doing. No worries. It's due tonight anyway.  

My poor 4yo is feeling neglected. Dh and oldest dd gone and all. She's on the bed coloring right now. I should feed her...

• Like 4

I put Tell Me More from Grease on he computer for Mooies as it is one of her favorite songs and she screamed "I can't dance!" and fell to the floor sobbing.  :huh:

This is why love little kids.  They always CANNOT EVEN, and they don't even hide it.

Lovely area.  I'm on my way.

I like bullets.  I don't know a thing about power point or prezi or anything, but bullets are good.  I'm a good editor, but I need the text pulled out because I'm odd like that.

You're bad. This is my last ditch effort to lose fat before we allow for another baby. I won't be in perfect shape and I'll have to continue after it's evicted. I plan on a whole 30, but I'm leaving the option open for a whole 90. I don't really know what it will look like on a daily basis or how it will effect our budget. I'm not having the kids do it. They have always had sausages, yogurt and apples for breakfast, and peanut butter honey sandwiches for lunch with carrots and fruit. It's convenient, healthy, cheap, and goes well with with a protein and veggie heavy dinner which is the norm for us so I plan on sticking with it as long as they're into it.

When we were going to get pg with baby number 3, I told dh that I just wanted to lose 10 pounds.  So then I gained 10 and got pg.   :huh:

We are so very predictable. :)

What does this even mean?

• Like 6

I love it. Can I say that I don't like the 2(?) points where it goes to a blank spot. I think once it transitions that the words should appear. I think it's well thought out and visually appealing. Good job!

Slash, I don't like that either, but I can't figure out how to just make it show up. It's like it has two beats - one to move to the frame, the other for the words to fade in. If I can get it to do what I want, I'll be set. Perhaps I can add a picture next to the frame so it doesn't look like it's going to a blank spot.

I am going in for that final coat of primer on the wall paper and then calling it a night for that room.  Getting too dark to paint in there (I need to buy lightbulbs on monday) I have been working with only natural light in tehre today and that is fading.  Tomorrow will be paint the whole room day.

• Like 2

Slash, I don't like that either, but I can't figure out how to just make it show up. It's like it has two beats - one to move to the frame, the other for the words to fade in. If I can get it to do what I want, I'll be set. Perhaps I can add a picture next to the frame so it doesn't look like it's going to a blank spot.

I'll talk to Matt. Gimme a sec.

Okay. Announcement:  I am a loser-mom.

After the whole camping, house guests, then more guests thing I forgot to brag about tell you about DD's Algebra class.

My darling baby, who has been blessed with a good brain and had yet to encounter hard (and has not much liked it when she's run across it), took the online AoPS Intro to Algebra I class.  She got an "A" and got all but 2 weeks into the blue "mastery" level (green is passing.)  It was really hard, which kinda threw her for a loop, but she buckled down, worked hard, and did awesomely.

I so pwoud.  :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

• Like 10

This is why love little kids.  They always CANNOT EVEN, and they don't even hide it.

Lovely area.  I'm on my way.

I like bullets.  I don't know a thing about power point or prezi or anything, but bullets are good.  I'm a good editor, but I need the text pulled out because I'm odd like that.

When we were going to get pg with baby number 3, I told dh that I just wanted to lose 10 pounds.  So then I gained 10 and got pg.   :huh:

What does this even mean?

Dude!  I like bullets, too!  And guns!

Oh, wait.  Wrong kind.  Never mind.

• Like 2

Okay. Announcement:  I am a loser-mom.

After the whole camping, house guests, then more guests thing I forgot to brag about tell you about DD's Algebra class.

My darling baby, who has been blessed with a good brain and had yet to encounter hard (and has not much liked it when she's run across it), took the online AoPS Intro to Algebra I class.  She got an "A" and got all but 2 weeks into the blue "mastery" level (green is passing.)  It was really hard, which kinda threw her for a loop, but she buckled down, worked hard, and did awesomely.

I so pwoud.  :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

That is an accomplishment for sure.  My ds12 is working through AoPS Intro to A on his own.  I think the class would be too fast-paced for him.

ETA:  Booyah, etc.

• Like 5

Ok reading through that slide I would leave it like you have it on the slide with just the few grammar modifications.  Point #3 on there has a lot of EIs and it will be unwieldy to have them all listed at the end.  Leave them where they are is my vote.

Thanks for your help. I need to follow my instincts.

• Like 1