• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

DH got off work early and took the kids to his folks' house.  I needed some quiet time to veg out and deal with Mount Dishmore in my kitchen.  I'm getting hungry, too, even though it's not suppertime, so I'm going to go eat something now, and maybe veg out in front of the TV watching shows I won't let the kids watch.

DH got off work early and took the kids to his folks' house. I needed some quiet time to veg out and deal with Mount Dishmore in my kitchen. I'm getting hungry, too, even though it's not suppertime, so I'm going to go eat something now, and maybe veg out in front of the TV watching shows I won't let the kids watch.

Sounds good.

• Like 1

Trying to take my booya. Jerk.

No no no, I did not.  I gave you a countdown and then waited before posting again.  And I cheered when you got the special top-of-awesome-page-90-what-a-record-breaker.

I'm going to go eat some smoked raw fish now.  I know it's just your meds and recent dental trauma that have you grumpy.

• Like 3

No no no, I did not. I gave you a countdown and then waited before posting again. And I cheered when you got the special top-of-awesome-page-90-what-a-record-breaker.

I'm going to go eat some smoked raw fish now. I know it's just your meds and recent dental trauma that have you grumpy.

Sorry for my gremlins. Apparently grunpiness is not a word. I'm usually nice.

No no no, I did not.  I gave you a countdown and then waited before posting again.  And I cheered when you got the special top-of-awesome-page-90-what-a-record-breaker.

I'm going to go eat some smoked raw fish now.  I know it's just your meds and recent dental trauma that have you grumpy.

No, not really.  She's frequently like this.

Sorry for my gremlins. Apparently grunpiness is not a word. I'm usually  occasionally nice.

There.  I fixed it.  Your darn phone.

• Like 3

Now I'm sad.

Don't be sad, Slash.  I'm sorry; I was just teasing.  The Booya Babeâ„¢ cannot be empty of witty repartee, can she be?  If so, her dentist needs to be slapped.  And Slashaboo should get an unlimited supply of chocolate.

:grouphug:

• Like 3

Don't be sad, Slash. I'm sorry; I was just teasing. The Booya Babeâ„¢ cannot be empty of witty repartee, can she be? If so, her dentist needs to be slapped. And Slashaboo should get an unlimited supply of chocolate.

:grouphug:

I like the chocolate. I'm just tired. I'll be more witty tomorrow. I need noms.

• Like 3

I like the chocolate. I'm just tired. I'll be more witty tomorrow. I need noms.

The downside of only being virtual friends.  If we all knew each other in real life, you, Tex, and Openhearted would be drowning in casseroles and your children would be having daily "play dates," rotating between "Auntie So-and-So" and "Auntie Thus-and-Such."

• Like 7

Sorry for my gremlins. Apparently grunpiness is not a word. I'm usually nice.

Yes, I know you are!  That's why I played nice.  I will try to beat you to page 100, though.

:laugh:

• Like 1

Matt's staying home tomorrow. He's calling his racist, power hungry, lying, self indulgent boss now. After that he's off until Wednesday.

Hooray for Matt and work\life balance!

• Like 2

The downside of only being virtual friends. If we all knew each other in real life, you, Tex, and Openhearted would be drowning in casseroles and your children would be having daily "play dates," rotating between "Auntie So-and-So" and "Auntie Thus-and-Such."

Our old church was like that. Whenever something happened you had two weeks of food brought to you and I had no problem calling someone in the middle of the day to take me to the hospital because our insurance wouldn't cover an ambulance. We moved away but they really took care of each other. It's great knowing not only that your can call someone at one in the morning with an emergency, but that people are comfortable calling you at one in the morning with an emergency.

• Like 5

The downside of only being virtual friends.  If we all knew each other in real life, you, Tex, and Openhearted would be drowning in casseroles and your children would be having daily "play dates," rotating between "Auntie So-and-So" and "Auntie Thus-and-Such."

Auntie Matriarch would be there, too, with the Elephant's Children cousins in tow.  I have a minivan that seats 7, too, so I could even drive bunches of people around or fetch groceries and such.

• Like 5

I had another dream while I napped that I ate coffee filters and was disappointed that they weren't coffee flavored.

Well, I must say these drugs are giving you interesting dreams!  Keep 'em coming!  The kids are really wondering what is so funny now.

• Like 1

Well, I must say these drugs are giving you interesting dreams! Keep 'em coming! The kids are really wondering what is so funny now.

I had better ones pregnant. One was that I was pregnant with a kitten, but told everyone I was having a baby. I was incredibly embarrassed. Everyone would know soon and I'd have to give all I'd the gifts back and explain to my boss that I didn't want to quit. I was terrified to breastfeed a kitten.

• Like 8

Cool! Slashie and I are today's top posters!

You always know when I'm injured because I'm a top poster. On a normal day I'll respond to a phonics question and post in the exercise thread, but if I'm sick I post all the things.

• Like 2

When I dream the emotion carries over when I wake up. Does that happen to you? I knew I wasn't pregnant with a kitten, but I was humiliated when I woke up for like 5 minutes.

Oh yes, yes indeedy.  If I sleep in and am dreaming before waking up it can be very hard to shake afterwards.  Once I dreamed I no longer had my family and never did have them, though I could remember them.  I hugged DH and the kids a LOT that day.

• Like 4

Oh yes, yes indeedy. If I sleep in and am dreaming before waking up it can be very hard to shake afterwards. Once I dreamed I no longer had my family and never did have them, though I could remember them. I hugged DH and the kids a LOT that day.

I had one that John died. I didn't realize that it wasn't true when I woke up and just started sobbing. After I realized I went in and hugged them both and they both told me to go away. :lol:

• Like 5

I said carrots instead of carries cuz I'm blonde.

You must have corrected it before I saw it, then.  But that's okay because I like carrots!  And blondes.  Blondes are cool, too.

• Like 1

Pot roast carrots really are the best, btw

Yes!  I figure either I need to learn to make pot roast in the oven so I can use the huge roasting pan I have, or I need to run 2 crock pots -- one for the carrots and meat, and one for meat with other stuff family expects in pot roast.  There's never enough carrots!

Consider them shared.

Darn.  Now I'm hungry.

I would be, too, but I pigged out on at least a quart of some really decadent chocolate ganache ice cream this evening while DH and the kids were away.  My tummy hurts.

• Like 2

I don't like cooked carrots. I like baby carrots with hummus or juice.

Raw, cooked (but not overcooked), whole, shredded, sliced, waffled -- I have yet to find a preparation of carrot I didn't like!

• Like 2

Yes!  I figure either I need to learn to make pot roast in the oven so I can use the huge roasting pan I have, or I need to run 2 crock pots -- one for the carrots and meat, and one for meat with other stuff family expects in pot roast.  There's never enough carrots!

DS doesn't like pot roast carrots.  He only likes them raw.  Which I gladly serve him so that I get the extra pot roast ones.

• Like 2

DS doesn't like pot roast carrots.  He only likes them raw.  Which I gladly serve him so that I get the extra pot roast ones.

You are very kind, accommodating, and wise!

• Like 1

I would be, too, but I pigged out on at least a quart of some really decadent chocolate ganache ice cream this evening while DH and the kids were away. My tummy hurts.

I have these devil's food cream filed things in the cupboard Matt picked up for me the other day. the chocolate is too thick for me right now, but I'm perioding in a week so they will be loved.

• Like 3