Cooking Competition: Greek Food - Please vote

Embassy

Best Looking Greek Dish  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best looking dish?

• Greek Grilled Cheese
    • Mediterranean Phyllo Pastry Chicken
    • Favorite Meat Loaf Gyros

My three kids just finished the first round of a cooking around the world competition.  Earlier this year they finished up a baking competition.  They learned tons and enjoyed the process of seeing which recipe/participant would be the winner.  We have a winner declared for the best tasting Greek dish, but we need your help.  Please vote for the best looking item.  Voting is open for 10 days. 

You can see pictures here:  http://eclectic-homeschool.com/greek-cooking-competition/ Please vote on the blog or here :)  Thanks for your participation!

Winners announced here:  http://eclectic-homeschool.com/greek-cooking-competiton-winners/ A big thanks to everyone who voted!

• Like 2

Such a cool idea!

I went for the grilled cheese as it is the only vegetarian option and looks pretty tasty to me!

Vegetarian here too so the grilled cheese is the only one I tried.  They will be having a vegetarian round at one point - I want to try all of their dishes!

I"m not particularly familiar with Greek food. I voted Grilled Cheese for the evenness of the toast and filling, though I thought there could be more filling. I suppose the chicken one is supposed to look like a hunk of meat wrapped in dough? The phyllo was nicely browned but the paleness of the chicken overpowered that. For the gyro, I like my pita sandwiches to have lettuce sticking out. I don't know if they're supposed to, but that's how I picture them. I would love to taste them all, though!

I think I've been watching too many cooking shows. :p

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...