Menu

3.14.15 ~ I guess if we're ever going to have a Pi day, this year would be a good time!

FloridaLisa

Garga, 

It's been hit or miss at house, but we read a book about Pi like this one in the Sir Cumference series. And before reading the book, I've had the kids (my youngers who didn't know much about Pi) explore circumference and diameter and figure out the relation between the two on their own. I've not really done anything with the olders except have lots of round things. :D  Like pizzas and pies and English muffins for breakfast. 

And I did not know until I just googled that folks have uploaded the book read aloud to Youtube?  So if you can't find it at your library, there are many Youtube videos with it on power point. 

Lisa

• Like 1

We celebrate every year too...my kids want to have a party this year. I have been wanting to have a game night for a while, so I have been considering the idea of having guests bring pies and then we will play Trivial Pursuit for at least part of the time (get it...the little pieces you get are like pie wedges...lol!). In the past we have read books, and done activities like measuring carefully around a circle with a string to see the relationship between the diameter and the circumference.

We're going to celebrate our first Pi day ever. What activities do y'all do? (And I hadn't thought of throwing a party...what happens at Pi parties??)

We eat pi(e) (pizza and other types).  Decorate with pi related stuff.  Serve cookies in the shape of pi (the letter).  If you want to get really fancy, play pin the radius on the circle.