Menu

I ran out of gas today

Amira

It was the only time I've ever done it and I was in the middle of a busy intersection in Mexico. I speak some Spanish but not enough to extricate myself gracefully from the situation.

But because I am in Mexico (the friendlist and most helpful country on the planet) the English-speaking man who happened to be stuck behind me realized I needed help, rounded up some people to push the car, stopped three lanes of traffic so we could move it to the side of the road, called the insurance company on his cell phone because my cell phone's battery died after I ran out of gas, arranged for them to send someone out with gas, and left me his extra cell phone, all before running off to school to take the test he was late for. A man on a motorcycle showed up with five liters of gas about 30 minutes later.

That's embarrassing!  Good thing there were nice people around to help you!

I just ran out of oil.  And it's going to be -20 tonight.  Luckily we have a few bags left of wood pellets left, so we just turned on the pellet furnace, but it never does keep up when the temps are so low (which is why the oil furnace was on instead).