Menu

Any comfy bOOkshelves for sleeping in?

jenn-

I buy the cheap three pack of Fruit of the Loom sports bras at Walmart.  They're very comfy.  I think they're about $10 or so.

Edited to answer Amy's "why" -- I had a LOT of pre-menopausal breast aches and pains.  Wearing a bra with just a tiny bit of support at night really helped relieve some of it.

Thank you for the suggestions so far.

No.

Why would anyone want to do such a thing? 

I get pretty intense chest aches when my cycle is about to start and throughout it.  I can sleep in my heavy duty workout sports bras, but they are very restricting and let little to no air flow around there.

I'd look into a cheap sports bra in a larger size than you normally wear -- this should avoid buckles and straps and stuff irritating your skin at night. (I'd also buy it in a different color than your regular ones so that you don't accidentally try to wear it to work out). 

I'd look into a cheap sports bra in a larger size than you normally wear -- this should avoid buckles and straps and stuff irritating your skin at night. (I'd also buy it in a different color than your regular ones so that you don't accidentally try to wear it to work out). 

That would definitely be bad.  There may not be much there, but what is there needs some serious support for exercise.

Try the genie bra- Its in the As Seen on TV aisle at Walmart- I'm similarly sized, I removed the optional pads. It's like a sports bra but not nearly as confining. I would say not much support for larger sizes but perfect and comfy for me! It's by far my favorite br@!

I've seen them at Walmart and have wondered about them.  How do you find them for sizing?  My measured size and what I actually buy (sister size up for the band because the measured one is just a hair too snug for my sensory issues), are on two different sizes for the brand.  If the band is pretty stretchy, I'll go with the smaller option.  If it is tight without much give, I'll have to go with the larger one.

I've seen them at Walmart and have wondered about them.  How do you find them for sizing?  My measured size and what I actually buy (sister size up for the band because the measured one is just a hair too snug for my sensory issues), are on two different sizes for the brand.  If the band is pretty stretchy, I'll go with the smaller option.  If it is tight without much give, I'll have to go with the larger one.

I might go up a size.

I currently have a 4X and it is comfortable.  I wear them around the house, etc.  Not supportive enough to go out in public, but comfortable.  I think I measure a 2X though.