Menu

Is anyone watching season 2 of Broadchurch?

Angie in VA

There are no spoilers in this first post.

All I'll say is I don't know what to think. At all. About anything. 

*Sigh*

So it's still good?! I'm still working my way through the first season, but I know how it wraps up. I was really wondering how they would maintain interest for the second season! 

In the meantime, I'm watching the second series of The Fall. I have no interest whatsoever in watching the 50 Shades of Grey movie, but if I did, I think I wouldn't be able to after watching Jamie Dornan play a serial killer. He looks menacing to me in every photo I see of him now :lol:

Yes, I am watching it.  I love that they keep upending our expectations all the time.  I'm was so disappointed in the way Mark just dropped his relationship with Tom.  That was heartbreaking.  I wonder what will come of that.  I'm not so pleased Susan returned.  She's such a detestable character, IMO.  I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you watch?

I thought it was supposed to air starting in March?

Trixie, many apologies, I thought I'd answered this. I can't recommend it to others and since I updated my os on my iPad, it hasn't worked on my iPad, but I watch on Couch Tuner. I've had some nasty things show up on CT, on the side, an ad for a video game that offended me, so I can't recommend you use it, but that's how I watch. 

Sorry I never answered you. I thought I had.

Yes, I am watching it. I love that they keep upending our expectations all the time. I'm was so disappointed in the way Mark just dropped his relationship with Tom. That was heartbreaking. I wonder what will come of that. I'm not so pleased Susan returned. She's such a detestable character, IMO. I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment. :D

Well, it must be refreshing to someone somewhere that I have not run this topic into ground, as I did w/ season 1. I just started following this thread. I started it and then never responded to any posts. How rude!

I don't want to post spoilers, but, are you still watching, Audrey? Oh, my goodness. I don't have the same love for season 2 that I did/do for season 1. I will say that DT's accent seems stronger this season, which is wonderful and welcomed after seeing GP.

One episode left. I hate waiting!

So it's still good?! I'm still working my way through the first season, but I know how it wraps up. I was really wondering how they would maintain interest for the second season!

Is it still good? I don't have the love for it that I did for season 1. I can't say more w/o spoilers.

Maintaing interest? Well, I could say more, but I give you this one word: Sandbrook!

Well, it must be refreshing to someone somewhere that I have not run this topic into ground, as I did w/ season 1. I just started following this thread. I started it and then never responded to any posts. How rude!

I don't want to post spoilers, but, are you still watching, Audrey? Oh, my goodness. I don't have the same love for season 2 that I did/do for season 1. I will say that DT's accent seems stronger this season, which is wonderful and welcomed after seeing GP.

One episode left. I hate waiting!

Yes, I'm still watching.  I can't stop myself. Lol!

I have this fear that nothing will happen to anyone -- that they will leave it all hanging with no closure -- which is what does happen in many of these types of cases in real life.   I just don't want it to be like real life, KWIM?

Yes, I'm still watching.  I can't stop myself. Lol!

I have this fear that nothing will happen to anyone -- that they will leave it all hanging with no closure -- which is what does happen in many of these types of cases in real life.   I just don't want it to be like real life, KWIM?

...does happen in real life, and in torturing viewers to wait till season 3!

Overall, I don't think the second series was quite up to the standard of the first, but the finale was excellent, IMO. No fairy tales, but not dissatisfying. I was more than a little apprehensive about the second series, but now I'm glad they made it. I do hope they leave it at this now, however. 

I think the finale was the best episode of the second series.

Overall, I don't think the second series was quite up to the standard of the first, but the finale was excellent, IMO. No fairy tales, but not dissatisfying. I was more than a little apprehensive about the second series, but now I'm glad they made it. I do hope they leave it at this now, however. 

I think the finale was the best episode of the second series.

:iagree:

I have some unanswered questions (we can discuss via PM if you want. I fear I spoiled things for GP/BC season 1 watchers, so I'm trying not to do that again), but I was pleased overall. 

Great episode for Ellie. I want her to move next door. I'll watch Fred while she works, lol. 

DT's accent seemed thicker this season, which was hard for me to understand at times, but wonderful all the time! "Outstanding!" Love it. 

I don't know if I have it in me to watch season 3, if there is one. Especially if it's mainly about Bishop & Knight. (How cool is that, that their names are chess pieces?)