Menu

CLE shipping???

I'm a little nervous, because we're switching to CLE with DD that has been struggling with math. We're also hoping to be able to afford RonitBird. :) I'm having to take her back to the 300 series, and we're nearing the end of 4th grade. All that to say... how is CLE shipping? Is it typically quick?

Well, I guess that depends on what you mean by quick and when you order.  I have had it take 2 weeks to get something in and at other times it has been only 4-5 days.  But not like Amazon Prime 2 day shipping.   So what do you consider quick?  :)

I guess she placed into the 300 series with the placement test?  Honestly, it won't be that hard to move through the material relatively quickly as long as she doesn't hit any snags.  Just plan to work through the summer.  And cut out some of the review problems from the sections she has mastered and is retaining.  Maybe do a shorter lesson each Saturday if you are worried.  301 is all review of prior levels so you might be able to skip it.  

Well, I guess that depends on what you mean by quick and when you order.  I have had it take 2 weeks to get something in and at other times it has been only 4-5 days.  But not like Amazon Prime 2 day shipping.   So what do you consider quick?   :)

I guess she placed into the 300 series with the placement test?  Honestly, it won't be that hard to move through the material relatively quickly as long as she doesn't hit any snags.  Just plan to work through the summer.  And cut out some of the review problems from the sections she has mastered and is retaining.  Maybe do a shorter lesson each Saturday if you are worried.  301 is all review of prior levels so you might be able to skip it.  

That Amazon Prime shipping sure does spoil us! :) 

Yes, I used the placement tests. DD's dyslexia plays a huge role, but also the gaps that dd had from being in PS. I got the whole light series and figured I would just move quickly through the areas that she's already got down. DD needs to build some confidence, so I would rather start back too far vs. things be too difficult. I think the 300 series is where she needs to be, however.

I just ordered this for ds a couple of days ago and haven't heard anything about shipping yet, thankfully I'm not in a hurry as we still have BA to work through. Assuming it works as I hope I'll have to remember to order early just in case it takes awhile. I'm thinking we might move fairly quickly through the level I ordered so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

I don't consider it quick, but I'm an Amazon Prime addict ;) It has taken over a week, but less than two weeks, both times I have ordered. I'm also on the other side of the country, so I don't expect it lightening quick, either. I have heard that if you call them they will give you a tracking number so you can stalk the box.

I have also been exceptionally pleased with CLE math and LA. I was very reluctant to use it, because I wanted secular curriculums. I'm glad that I decided to make an exception and try out CLE. My daughter loves it, it gets done without complaint, and it teaches gently, yet thoroughly. I took my 9 year old all the way back to the beginning of the 100 level, and just accelerated it, so I wouldn't get too hung up on the level your daughter is in. It's not uncommon for kiddos switching to this curriculum to test at a lower level than their school grade would indicate. Also, if you are a Facebook user, CLE has an active group you can join.

I wouldn't say it is fast shipping and like others have said they don't send shipping notifications.  We just started math 300 a few weeks ago and it was very much worth the switch.  My daughter loves it so far and in the few short weeks we have been using it her math confidence has skyrocketed.  So great to see.  I am awaiting the rest of the math 300 light units that I ordered at the end of last week.  We are also are going to try the bible curriculum.  Next year we are switching to CLE LA and I am considering their reading as well.  

Although this isn't related to shipping, just wanted to mention that DD, who has always struggled mightily in math, just did two math lessons today in CLE and only got one problem wrong in each lesson (misread one and made a simple error in calculation with the other, both of which she easily corrected).  She just does SOOOO much better with CLE than anything else we have tried.  I already ordered the next level to look through it since DD is moving at such a steady pace.  We plan to just keep going all through the summer, with only about 2 weeks off.  She's very willing to do so since she is understanding and feeling good about it.  Yeah!!! Why couldn't I have had this math program when I was in school?  

Good luck OP!  Hope it works as well for your child as it has for mine.

I thought it was quick.  It arrived much earlier than my Rainbow Resources order, even though I placed the orders at the same time.  And I was so impressed with the company when they emailed me, stating that I didn't need to get an extra booklet I ordered since it was also in the teacher's guide.  They said if I didn't need it, they would credit me back the money.

Well it has definitely been quicker than Rainbow Resources, that's true.  I'm just spoiled by Amazon Prime.  Anything more than a week and I get impatient, KWIM?  :)  

I think the other thing that makes me more cautious about saying CLE is quick is that it is erratic.  Some things have arrived within a week, some things 2 weeks or longer.  I don't consider 2 weeks quick.  But others might, I guess.  

OP let us know how long it takes.  I will be curious to see.  :)

That Amazon Prime shipping sure does spoil us! :)

Yes, I used the placement tests. DD's dyslexia plays a huge role, but also the gaps that dd had from being in PS. I got the whole light series and figured I would just move quickly through the areas that she's already got down. DD needs to build some confidence, so I would rather start back too far vs. things be too difficult. I think the 300 series is where she needs to be, however.

Sounds like a great plan.  :)