Menu

Help me shop for: backpack, wallet, watch for sons....

prairiewindmomma

We are giving one fun gift and then some practical gifts for birthdays and Christmas this year. (Christmas will be better sleeping bags, mess kits, and some items needed for upcoming hikes & camps.)

My boys (5', pushing 6') need backpacks. They will mostly be used for hauling school gear around to the library, short weekend trips, and as carryon bags for bigger trips.  

Wallets: fabric rather than leather, durable, can age with them as they grow

watch: younger son has some fine motor items...velcro closure???

Any great ones I should look at? Total budget for all three items $150ish per boy. They aren't responsible enough that I want to give them really high end items, but I am looking for quality within the budget market.

LLBean or Eddie Bauer.  Right now I've been favoring the Eddie Bauer packs, but both are good.  For a pack I would stick to a good brand, so that it lasts.  Look for something that can hold a water bottle, and also a water bladder (if you are going to do a lot of hiking). You are going to want it big enough to haul books, which is larger then many daypacks.  

LLBean or Eddie Bauer.  Right now I've been favoring the Eddie Bauer packs, but both are good.  For a pack I would stick to a good brand, so that it lasts.  Look for something that can hold a water bottle, and also a water bladder (if you are going to do a lot of hiking). You are going to want it big enough to haul books, which is larger then many daypacks.  

If you go for Eddie Bauer, see if there is an outlet nearby.  Our EB outlet puts their backpacks on sale periodicially. Maybe you can ask them when the next sale is?