Menu

Need unique idea for 21st birthday present

Only me

We need an idea for a 21st birthday gift for a family friend. She is friends with both of my daughters and we are friends with her parents. She lives out of state so we need something delivered to her. She lives in a sorority house but also lives close to home. We dropped the ball on this and waited until the last minute. I told my daughters that I would ask the hive for ideas.

The problem is we give her gifts for xmas and birthdays and have run out of ideas. Clothing doesn't work since she is really tall and it's hard to find the right size. We gave her jewelry for christmas. In the past we have given her something having to do with her sorority and also for her favorite sports teams. We've done gift baskets with things like lotion etc. and we've done things like picture frames or decorations for her room. So as you can see we've used up a lot of ideas. Even though my daughters are close to her age we can't think of anything. We really need to find something we can order online since we are almost out of time and none of us can go shopping this week since we are going out of town this weekend. I need to send it asap but definitely by Friday. Any ideas? We dont want to do gift cards.

I know you don't want gift cards, but that's a nice thing to send in a hurry, and is always much appreciated!  Such as:  a gift certificate to a local hair salon, coffee shop, or movie theater.  Otherwise, a small shoulder bag, running pants, or a wallet.

An experience? There are so many that are perfect for college age kids and for which the time never seems to be right as you get older and have other responsibilities/commitments. Is she adventurous? A group lesson, maybe with your kids, to do something like rock climbing, sky diving, even a 1st flying lesson. Some things will be more expensive, but I have found that if you shop around lots of places will have deeply discounted rates on that 1st lesson.