Menu

What do you think of this diet?

The No Calorie Diet

Monday

Breakfast: Weak tea

Lunch: 1 bullion cube in half cup of diluted water

Dinner: 1 pigeon thigh, 3 ounces prune juice (gargled)

Tuesday

Breakfast: Scraped crumbs from burnt toast

Lunch: 1 doughnut hole (without water)

Dinner: 1 glass of dehydrated water, 3 grains of cornmeal (broiled)

Wednesday

Breakfast: Shredded eggshell skin

Lunch: 1 half dozen poppy seeds

Dinner: Bees knees and mosquito knuckles sauted in vinegar

Thursday

Breakfast: Boiled stains from tablecloth

Lunch: Belly button from navel orange

Dinner: 3 eyes from irish potatoes (diced)

Friday

Breakfast: 2 lobster antennae

Lunch: 1 tail joint of a sea horse

Dinner: Grilled or boiled guppy fillet

Saturday

Breakfast: 4 chopped banana seeds

Lunch: Grilled butterfly liver

Dinner: Jellied vertebrae of tadpole

Sunday

Breakfast: 1 pickled humming bird tongue

Lunch: Prime rib of caterpillar

Dinner: Tossed paprika and clover salad

Note: A seven ounce glass of steam may be consumed on alternate days

in order to 'blow off' any excess weight accumulated.

Hmmm, I can't approve it, since I'm a vegetarian. Take off the meat, and it sounds like you could disappear in a month--if that's your goal. You must have had a BAD day--anything to get out of homeschooling, huh? ;)

Nah, someone sent posted it to one of my nutrition Yahoo groups. I suppose you're right, there is a lot of *meat* in that diet, eh? :D

It's time for me to loose the baby weight so I was excited to check it out.

I think I'd rather fast. :(

Have you ever tried the master cleanse?

Nope. I keep thinking about doing something like that, but there is just too much going on in my life.

Oh, man, I thought you were joking!!!

OK, having gone through major nutrition and everything else classes lately, because of my newly discovered diabetes, the one thing I have discovered really is true is that your metabolism really shuts down if you down eat! You are supposed to eat within an hour of getting up, and that is how your body judges what you will have for the rest of the day--if you don't eat breakfast, it decides you are going to starve, and you sets itself into that mode, so you can't have as many cals for the rest of the day.

Also, when it goes into starvation mode, you will not lose as much! They say much better to have a thousand careful cals than 500 or none!

I did a couple short master cleanses. I personally like it. It also, coupled with 2 weeks of eating raw, made my cholesterol plummet into normal range for the first time in my adult life!

Mostly, we eat cheap. Lots of beans, frozen veggies, soups, peanut butter, turkey, and oatmeal. I would love to do raw for real but I'd need some major appliances as doing it all by hand was REALLY cumbersome. I'm also afraid it would cost more.

OK, having gone through major nutrition and everything else classes lately, because of my newly discovered diabetes, the one thing I have discovered really is true is that your metabolism really shuts down if you down eat! You are supposed to eat within an hour of getting up, and that is how your body judges what you will have for the rest of the day--if you don't eat breakfast, it decides you are going to starve, and you sets itself into that mode, so you can't have as many cals for the rest of the day.

Also, when it goes into starvation mode, you will not lose as much! They say much better to have a thousand careful cals than 500 or none!

I was joking about the meat in the diet thing. ;)

But I am so glad that you mentioned the stuff about eating after waking and metabolism. I remember hearing that once a long time ago, but I had totally forgotten. Thanks for mentioning it. Okay, so I've messed myself up for the day. Not good. I guess I'd really better follow that diet today, huh? :glare:

I realize now that this is why I was so sick this week! 3 days in a row of being really busy, running here and there, etc. but not eating enough or hydrating enough to support that.

I have been eating brekky as soon as I get up, and it is really helping!

LB

Yeah. One of my major beliefs is that boring food equals a boring life. I am feeling miserable just reading this!

In what possible world are "mosquito knuckles sautéed in vinegar" "boring"?!

roflol...

(Go back and read the list... lol... Prime rib of caterpillar indeed!)

I was joking about the meat in the diet thing. ;)

But I am so glad that you mentioned the stuff about eating after waking and metabolism. I remember hearing that once a long time ago, but I had totally forgotten. Thanks for mentioning it. Okay, so I've messed myself up for the day. Not good. I guess I'd really better follow that diet today, huh? :glare:

Also, the best thing to have in the morn is protein--not cereal or oatmeal or other carbs. The very best thing is supposed to be yogurt, with fruit or without (although not too much fruit--sugar and carbs). Since I started eating yogurt in the morn--I put in a handful of honey nut cheerios, since I need 30 carbs, and the crunchiness makes your mind feel like you are eating more, I am so much more satisfied, I find it amazing!!

Also, the best thing to have in the morn is protein--not cereal or oatmeal or other carbs. The very best thing is supposed to be yogurt, with fruit or without (although not too much fruit--sugar and carbs). Since I started eating yogurt in the morn--I put in a handful of honey nut cheerios, since I need 30 carbs, and the crunchiness makes your mind feel like you are eating more, I am so much more satisfied, I find it amazing!!

Yeah, I learned that through personal experience. I simply cannot eat carbs in the morning. I'm not actually all that interested in breakfast foods. I'd rather eat leftover dinner for breakfast. If there's a little chicken or a piece of steak or something left from dinner dh will say "Do you want me to wrap this up for your breakfast?" :D He thinks I'm wacky, but it just works better for me. I also like veggies in the morning, although that's something I learned from being on the South Beach Diet.