Menu

Princeton Review's new top party school list is out...

Florida is taking the sweeps! First football, then basketball, the Heismann trophy winner, Dancing With the Stars (remember Emmitt?) . . . and now this lofty award!

Actually, UF has unfortunately always had that reputation. I received my undergraduate and law degree from that fine institution. ;) And -- surprise, surprise -- the partying doesn't stop in the graduate programs!

Now my stomach is sinking a bit as Florida is on my ds' short list.

Lisa

What surprises me about the list is Randolph Macon College's position in the top ten. I always view some of the large state universities as party schools, but Randolph Macon?

Now, THAT surprises me NOT AT ALL. I used to live near that school, and DH went to a men's college where a lot of the girlfriends came from there. It's been a party school for a loooong time.

Florida is taking the sweeps! First football, then basketball, the Heismann trophy winner, Dancing With the Stars (remember Emmitt?) . . . and now this lofty award!

Actually, UF has unfortunately always had that reputation. I received my undergraduate and law degree from that fine institution. ;) And -- surprise, surprise -- the partying doesn't stop in the graduate programs!

Now my stomach is sinking a bit as Florida is on my ds' short list.

Lisa

My dd is looking at some schools with party reputations. On our list of "must haves" is a strong Christian group on campus. As you research the school, you might contact some of the groups, maybe let your ds go to some meetings if you are close enough to make this feasible - or tie it to a campus visit. Just a thought :)

On our list of "must haves" is a strong Christian group on campus. As you research the school, you might contact some of the groups, maybe let your ds go to some meetings if you are close enough to make this feasible - or tie it to a campus visit. Just a thought :)

That is our thought exactly. My dh and I both graduated from this #1 party school and came out stronger Christians because we had to live it in the dorms, our activities and classes. That's the only reason we haven't ruled it out completely.

Good idea to visit some of the groups of find other recent grads from our area that are active when we make a campus visit.

Thanks!

Lisa