Menu

Special gift- 12 yo boy?

kwg

what are you giving?  My ds7 has a couple "wow" gifts that he is excited about (homemade stuffed animal and big lego set) but ds12 is not asking for anything really.

It does not feel like he is into anything huge lately.  Not legos, or rather he just wants to do his own thing with them.  He likes video games but we have an xbox as a family and he has a laptop.  He did ask for a video game which I got but that does not feel like a "wow" thing. 

He just likes to read a lot, lol.  I showed him the rasberry pi thing and he said no thanks.  

My boys are getting like this. It's growing up I guess :). I got mine an espresso/latte machine (they love iced lattes), some flavoring syrups & the toy-version of a drone. I think it'll be fun :). But probably they'll take off with their video game & that'll be that. At least dad & I will have something to play with :).

ETA: I'm a big reader. Books are what I love. Keeping me in books all year can get spendy. As a big reader I'd say books, or money for books, IS a wow thing!

If he's a reader do you have Kindle Unlimited?

He does not even have a Kindle anymore because he lost his last one  :cursing: .  He reads while dressing, walking, brushing his teeth etc so I guess he put it down somewhere and we still have not found it or the case.  Im assuming it is long gone.  After only 4 months!  The one he had before that one the screen shattered after he had it for a year or two because it was not in its case. Sigh.  He is a very caring and smart kid; he is just so in his head all the time!  

He would love that though.  Really love it.

He does not even have a Kindle anymore because he lost his last one  :cursing: .  He reads while dressing, walking, brushing his teeth etc so I guess he put it down somewhere and we still have not found it or the case.  Im assuming it is long gone.  After only 4 months!  The one he had before that one the screen shattered after he had it for a year or two because it was not in its case. Sigh.  He is a very caring and smart kid; he is just so in his head all the time!  

He would love that though.  Really love it.

What about getting him the Kindle Fire for kids? It should be more durable and comes with a two year unlimted replacement warranty (at least that's what amazon is saying).

A refurbished Ipod touch? It is harder to break than a kindle (I know) and it has been a really useful gift for our boys. My older boy uses it to listen to music and audio books, he can read kindle books on it with an app, he makes movies with it and plays minecraft.  I took safari off so it doesn't have a search engine, it doesn't text etc. It also has an alarm clock and a reminder function etc.  It has turned out to be much more useful than we ever imagined.