Menu

Party RSVP

Jean in Newcastle

I received a call from a friend.  She wanted to know the date and time that we would be available for a party.  The idea was that they were going to choose the date based on our availability and would then invite others once it was set.  We came up with a good date and time for both of us.  She told me that she would then send me an invite so that I would know the address of the party.  I've gotten the invite.  I don't have to RSVP, right, since we discussed the date and time personally?  

I would send an email. Many times, people collect RSVPs all in one place, and when they're counting up guests, if the RSVP isn't there with the others, they'll forget all about it, even if they do know that you're coming.

I would still RSVP as a courtesy.

We were on vacation for over a week and I just found an invitation after I got home.  The deadline to respond was the day I read it.....too late to send a card.  I just texted the host and told her that was my RSVP.

Confirming is a nice thing. A friend had asked about our annual Christmas party (this Sunday. No body make any messes while they cook, ok?) so she knew the date and said she would be there. It was great to get a text the other day confirming she got the invite and was still coming. Made me feel more secure.

Have fun!