Menu

Homeschooler pulls it out - CC

momofkhm

DS and dd are the only homeschoolers in their Sunday school class.  They have been discussing Hebrews since the beginning of the school year and had gotten to the "hall of faith" chapter.  And of course they were talking about people who stood up for their faith in God/Christ.  Someone else said something like "yeah, but those people were from 1000's of years ago.  What about more recently?"  DS brought up Adoniram Judson, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, and William Tyndale.  None of the other kids knew who any of these people were.  I was surprised that none of them knew Bonhoeffer - our recently retired pastor brought him up more than once.  And he was brought up on our retreat in November.

(No idea what dd said.  DS is the one who told me about it.)

OP, care to consider changing the subject line of this thread?  I thought it was about a child and an inappropriate action at Sunday school or the library or something. 

:o

But besides that, it was interesting to learn about this program!  I have a daughter who's an excellent cook, but she'd hate being in the spotlight in this type of way. 

OP, care to consider changing the subject line of this thread? I thought it was about a child and an inappropriate action at Sunday school or the library or something.

:o

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. It reminded me of the Seinfeld episode in which Elaine goes on a date with a guy who she tells Jerry, "...took it out."

Jerry: IT!?!

Elaine: OUt!!

But back to the actual topic: Good job to your son!