Menu

Education Portal, any users?

I'm still using it free. If you had an account when it was free you could keep a teacher account for a year free, so I have it until May. Ds is using it to supplement Notgrass for Government. I think it is useful, but not worth the price.

They do have a lower homeschool rate. It wasn't cheap, but it was less. I don't remember what it is since I didn't plan to pay it.

• 3 months later...

I'd like to bump this old thread to see if anyone has used Educational Portal lately.  It is now $49 or $99 a month, depending on how much help you want. 

My son missed a lot of school this semester, and he needs to cram in five AP courses (at home) in time to take the AP exams in May.  He's smart enough to learn independently, but motivated by interaction with (arguing with, showing off to) others, and not a terrific self learner.  Nonetheless, this is where we are.

Or is there something else we should consider?

I am still using the free version. I like it, but I sure wouldn't pay $49/month for it.

Homeschool Buyers Coop is offering the teacher version at a discount. I still think it is overpriced, even with the discount.

I recently looked at my account. It says that I would be billed $20 per month once my free access expires. But I wonder how long I would get that price. Their pricing seems all over the place.

There is a lot of good stuff out there for free. But admittedly it can take time to find it.

Straight from the Homeschool Buyers Coop website---

One (1) Year Premium Edition Subscription for One (1) Student

Complete this order form to get a special link that will let you start a 5-day free trial and then save 70% on a 1-year, Premium Edition subscription to Education Portal. This is a savings of $839.92 off the retail price of $1199.88, for a Co-op member price of $395.00.

Just wanted to post this so everyone didn't run over to HSBC only to be disappointed...like I was...

WOW...retail price of $1199.88...really???

Robin

• Like 1

Any other thoughts?  I'm not asking if it's worth the money.  I'm asking if it could be effective in helping my son cram a semester's worth of school into two months.  Or if you have a better suggestion for AP European History, AP English Language and Composition, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature.  (I think we have enough resources for Trig.  We have Life of Fred, Wolfram Alpha, Khan Academy, and a textbook.)

http://www.brightstorm.com/

Also provides free AP prep.  I have not used them yet but they are on my list.

You can get a "free account," but you have to be a paying member to access all of the videos.  Another option is to go to YouTube and search the Brightstorm channel there, which has many of the videos at no charge.  Just search "Brightstorm biology," or "Brightstorm chemistry," etc. and click on "view full playlist" to find your topic.