Menu

Donating hair

countrygal

I've done Locks of Love three or four times, but I won't be donating my hair to them anymore, after what I've read about them.  My hair grows freakishly fast and is really thick, and I often get two donations in one when I go for a haircut.  I'm a little annoyed that all that hair I donated ended up in a trash bin or sold for profit or something. 

I've done Locks of Love three or four times, but I won't be donating my hair to them anymore, after what I've read about them. My hair grows freakishly fast and is really thick, and I often get two donations in one when I go for a haircut. I'm a little annoyed that all that hair I donated ended up in a trash bin or sold for profit or something.

My hair is the same way and I'm also annoyed with them.

Yeah, I would never donate to Locks of Love.  In High School my art teacher had made a wall tapestry completely by hand as her thesis project.  She said she bought human hair that had been donated because it was much cheaper than wool and a better quality.  I figure my hair is worth more to me on my head then sheep's wool.  

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, please donate your hair, but not to Locks of Love!

There are many, many, many women like me who rely on donations from people like you in order for us to have any hair! 

Locks of Love, I have heard, will take excess hair, or hair that is appropriate for an adult and not a child, strip it and color it (which totally destroys it) and sell it as hair extensions.

There are so many people that need your hair -- especially if it is blond or light brown.