Menu

Does anyone else suffer with problems of indecision?

Tohru

Some days I am so indecisive.  I really have a hard time making a decision with attending social events or comittments.

For example, I will be confident that I want my child to do something, register them, then a few days or even weeks before it starts, I'll change my mind and withdraw them, but sometimes I decide to re-register again.  I'll come up with lots of reasons to sign up, then doubt creeps in.  I'm not sure why this happens.  Indecision doesn't really happen with other choices I have to make too much, it used to, but not much anymore.  But trying to decide on social stuff, or even spiritual/religious things, is so hard!

Wondering if any one else has the same problem and how they deal with it, or if they had an indecision issue and overcame it.

I have a sort of anxiety or focus thing where it is very hard for me to continue anything until it is actually done.  I will change course and switch between goals and procrastinate.  Especially if the next unfinished step involves getting another person involved.  It seems I only finalize things when I am up against a serious deadline.  I don't know why this is or how to fix it.  :P  More accountability to another person, perhaps ... but I like to be autonomous....

I tend to over-research, looking for the "best" option, and then acting rather paralyzed when it comes to making a decision.

But I've shared here before what my dear friend Robin once told me-

"It's like, you can have the pbj or the turkey sandwich. If you choose the pbj, you can't have the turkey. BUT YOU'VE GOT A GREAT PBJ!"

It helps. :laugh:

I'm terrible for this. I've probably delete two out of every three posts that I write on this forum. I'm usually not too bad after I've signed up for something, because I feel like registering is making a commitment (to my kids or myself) to participate.