Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good Morning!  :seeya:

I've had a not so good relationship with my family, but today I'm taking things into my own hands.  I'm driving down 4.5 hours to wish her a HB in person and take her a gift.  I'm only staying an hour, as we have to drive back.   I'm really wearing my heart on the sleeve and I hope she will be surprised.  

Hope everyone has a great day!  I'll report back tomorrow.   :D

I've nothing pressing to do for once. Dh has been gone for weeks. He's home over the weekend before he heads out again. Last week, he surprised me with hiring a house keeper, so she came on Friday. The house is still relatively clean, aside from the normal everyday things like laundry, dishes, and sweeping. I have no extra chores until tomorrow! Yay. We aren't committed to going anywhere, church or bible study...I just want to relax today. I think I pulled my back lifting bales of hay at the barn Friday, so I'm going to rest that. :(

Good morning everyone :)

ChemMommy, if you're online today, happy birthday :party:

A different kind of day ahead for me/us:

--dh has to lector at 10am mass, which I am skipping this week to go for a walk to the farmers' market (exercise is how I handle stress)

--he will pick me and the veg up there (literally, it's down the street from our church)

--we have to be at dh's grandmother's former community at 1 for the 1:30 service

--reception after

--extended family dinner out after that (40ish people)

--drop ds at the bus station

--collapse with a book

Much time with my inlaws=stress, thus the need for the walk this am.

I'd like to fit in my usual Sunday "chores" of planning dinners (I wait until after the farmers' market), adding any necessary items to the shopping list, and planning out the week.

Have a great week, Jean! I am confident that God will use the labor you have put into the Bible lessons to glorify himself in the lives of your campers. I know camp is exhausting; can you get some rest each day?

I am home with Dd this morning, instead of going to church, because she has a cough and a sore throat. We have been so busy lately that I am glad of the quiet time, even though I will miss worship.

A catch-up day for being rather than doing here. Resting, thinking, reading. We start school tomorrow and I am not really ready, but a day of frantic activity will not help Monday to have the tone and vibe I want. A spiritually refreshed mommy will be better for my kids than every list, book and pencil perfectly ready.

Good morning

- dishes- done

- laundry- load in washer and in dryer. All others folded

- tidy house- done

- read/crochet/pintrest/self educate

- wait for dh to get home- he's home :D

- pick blueberries- not going, dd1 decided she doesn't want to listen today and throw fits so no fun activities

- dinner- meat pulled to thaw

- bedtime routine

Drove to church

Ds informed us that he forgot the music for camp.  Since he's one of the musicians, this is important.

Dropped dh and dd off at church.

Drove 30 minutes back home - retrieved music - drove 30 minutes back to church.

There is only about 3 min. left of the first service so I'm hiding until it is done.  Then I teach during junior church.