Menu

When all of your kiddos graduate, what is your plan?

Ann.without.an.e

By the time my youngest graduates, I will be 63 and will have been home educating  for 31 years, but that's nine years down the road yet!!  I have already started on my post home schooling plans though.  We are working toward self-sufficiency on our small farm and are building a large addition to our home so that we can host lots of family and friends.  I'm looking forward to helping with my grandchildren, reading  and traveling more. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't actually have a plan.

Hello, we should start a club!

I had a plan. Then I had kids and moved to plan B.

Then we realized some of the kids had special needs. So plan C was born.

Then I realized that plan C might really suck. Plus, every time I make a long term plan life mucks it up.

So, for now, I am sticking with short term planning. (Read that as finish each day with the same number of kids, dogs, and husbands as I started with!)

I'll probably go back to work.  I have another 15 years or so that I need to kick in to my teacher retirement account before I can retire with full benefits.

Truth be told, Trap and I'll only be 47 when the youngest heads off to college, so I'm fairly sure I'll want an occupation anyway!