Menu

would you skip ahead?

haley

When we begin our school year, we'll be starting with Ch. 10 of SOTW: Ancients (continuing from last year when we started SOTW really late). The Children's Museum of Indianapolis has the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit until Nov. 2nd. Would you skip ahead to Ch. 32 in SOTW and visit the museum while it's available?

Yes, definitely.

If you don't want to skip around, I'd probably just give them some background info on the topic and then when you get to Chapter 32 in the book they will be able to recall what they saw/learned. 

We saw a mummy exhibit the summer before my youngest did SOTW 1.  He liked being able to recall what he saw when we got to those chapters.

I would go, but not skip ahead.  I've learned that if I jumped around every time there was an amazing opportunity I'd never have any continuity.  My biggest fault in that is science but it goes for history too :)  You can always do a little background reading as "extra" and it will just be another peg to hand the information on when you get around to it in SOTW.