Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 7/20 - 7/26

Negin

I just did a couple of jump squats and it seems to me I land kind of in the middle. I definitely don't land on my toes. I would think landing on your heels would be preferable to the toes but I'm not an expert.

Great!

Yeah, I land on my toes. So I tried some landing on my heels and it felt weird but better. I have some serious muscle retraining to do.

Yeah, I land on my toes. So I tried some landing on my heels and it felt weird but better. I have some serious muscle retraining to do.

Interesting. You know I read ages ago that when you squat you should be able to lift your toes as the weight should be in the back of your legs, so I have a tendency to wiggle my toes to make sure the weight isn't towards the front and sometimes I want to keep them up, it is hard for me to do otherwise. I land on my forefoot when running barefoot thought.

About 40 minutes of slower than slow walking on the treadmill. BUT...it got done!  :party:

Welcome- Woo Hoo, Kudos!

Today I'm scheduled to do my intensives along with my tummy work. My tummy is definitely getting stronger. We have a hike with our Scout group tonight and then in the Am we have a get together at the park, not sure if we will bike or walk it. Probably nothing else this weekend other than walks and mutu. Too much stuff going on. Might do push/pull today and hit those monkey bars tonight (if there is an opportunity that doesn't seem to embarrassing :) ).

Interesting. You know I read ages ago that when you squat you should be able to lift your toes as the weight should be in the back of your legs, so I have a tendency to wiggle my toes to make sure the weight isn't towards the front and sometimes I want to keep them up, it is hard for me to do otherwise. I land on my forefoot when running barefoot thought.

When I squat I can wiggle my toes as I do put my weight into my heels. I've also been working on keeping my shins completely perpendicular, more than usual. I feel the stretch in a different place and it is more challenging balance wise because my butt goes way back. However, no stress on my knees and I don't even hear/feel the creaking (non-painful) in my knees when I do squats this way. I do have to do them slower or I'll fall over. Keeping my legs completely perpendicular is a tip I read in Beating Patellar Tendonitis. I don't think my squat form was bad before, and this is just a small tweak but just that small tweak changes the whole dynamics in  my body. 

When I run I land on my forefoot so I kind of assumed one should land on the forefoot when landing a jump. I'm going to do more research and training. 

On that note, I am sore, sore, sore!

Once upon a time I fantasized about having money to hire a maid service or a personal cook. That fantasy is gone. Now, I want a personal massage therapist to visit me daily. Maybe even twice a day...morning and at night. 

Sigh, must get dressed and get started. Running really late. Why do I stay up too late reading? Why? I have no self discipline.

Skillwork, MA, stretch, roll.   

Whenever I read one of your entries that ends in roll my brain always "reads" rock-n-roll at first.

Thursday.  Gentle PT, gentle core work, gentle MMA.  We did a lot of boxing in class; I did much of it sitting.

Friday.  20 minutes of pool walking and PT exercises.

Well, all I got yesterday was a walk. I don't know what's going on but I didn't have much umph even with a full nights sleep. I fell asleep on the couch at lunch time. I added a few things back into my diet and I'm going to try and pull them back out to see if that is what is going on, or perhaps it is just my crazy hormones again- this better be temporary! I'm getting so entirely sick of this business of feeling good- great and then crappy with no energy :( Today is a walk and core, tomorrow is the same and then hopefully I'm back up to snuff on MOnday.

8 days post elbow sprain from falling off a skateboard.

Fri: 45 min swim to see how my arm felt. Fingers hurt and it was hard to hold the kick board. Arm felt better on Sat morn.

Sat:45 min cardio walk uphill. Working on extending the arm, rotating, and bring the arm close to the body. The tendons are so messed up. Applying heat.

8 days post elbow sprain from falling a skateboard.

Fri: 45 min swim to see how my arm felt. Fingers hurt and it was hard to hold the kick board. Arm felt better on Sat morn.

Sat:45 min cardio walk uphill. Working on extending the arm, rotating, and bring the arm close to the body. The tendons are so messed up. Applying heat.

So sorry!  I hope it heals quickly.

Today- 1 1/2 hours open mat.  Again a lot sitting but it was hard work and my shoulders are nice and tired.  PT homework as well.  I plan on a FB core workout as soon as some of my kiddos god out.

It's been a bad week for exercise. I have been working on refinishing dh's desk.

I did yoga on wednesday.  I downloaded a pedometer to my phone for the arts and crafts fair on friday.  I walked 3 1/2 miles just at the fair.  so, did get exercise.

I'm in denial about having a summer cold.   Thank goodness it's a rest day.  Next week is hell week and I need to rest and recover as much as possible this weekend.   

Everyone stay safe and healthy!

That stinks, I had one in June and it lasted forever!

8 days post elbow sprain from falling a skateboard.

OUCH!

When I squat I can wiggle my toes as I do put my weight into my heels. I've also been working on keeping my shins completely perpendicular, more than usual. I feel the stretch in a different place and it is more challenging balance wise because my butt goes way back. However, no stress on my knees and I don't even hear/feel the creaking (non-painful) in my knees when I do squats this way. I do have to do them slower or I'll fall over. Keeping my legs completely perpendicular is a tip I read in Beating Patellar Tendonitis. I don't think my squat form was bad before, and this is just a small tweak but just that small tweak changes the whole dynamics in  my body. 

When I run I land on my forefoot so I kind of assumed one should land on the forefoot when landing a jump. I'm going to do more research and training. 

On that note, I am sore, sore, sore!

Once upon a time I fantasized about having money to hire a maid service or a personal cook. That fantasy is gone. Now, I want a personal massage therapist to visit me daily. Maybe even twice a day...morning and at night. 

Sigh, must get dressed and get started. Running really late. Why do I stay up too late reading? Why? I have no self discipline.

I need to watch my squat form. I do good when I think about it but when I'm doing a lot I can get lazy.