Menu

What do you think of my scroll time line?

DSCN4367.JPGDSCN4370.JPG

I made this timeline for our history this year. It is almost 50 feet long and 12 inches wide. I have not marked the decades out yet but as you can see I have my line in the middle. I bought a dowel, the knobs, the roll of paper, gold spray paint and red duck tape. Had my dad cut the dowel to size and then I attached the ends and spray painted it gold. Then took a razor and cut down through the middle of a roll of duck tape and very painstakingly :glare::001_smile: covered the edges of the roll of paper so it wont rip easily. Glued it to the dowels and rolled. It took me about 4 solid hours to do. :001_huh:A little longer than I anticipated. But I think it is worth it. This will really help Ds and I to SEE how historical events are laid in history and where they are in relation to other events.

Only 4 hours? That doesn't seem too bad!

Did you get the tape on there in one long piece, or cut it into smaller pieces? I see one of these in our furture...

I used pieces that were about two feet long. Overlapped a little for good measure;).