Menu

Pretty sure I knew what my curriculum choices were....

smudge

I got mine for the first time, and it's just sat there.  Is it terrible that I can't get into it because there are no pictures?  lol  I guess it would be good to use as a reference if you wanted to look up something specific, but no way can I use it to shop.

Ah, that big, ol' thing!!  I actually had to make my self tell them NOT to send me one several years ago already because their website is really all I need....

It's all I need.  It's all I need.  It's all I need. (right?) :lol:

Mine arrived about three days ago. I haven't even looked at it. I put it on the highest shelf possible in our schoolroom (the one that needs a step ladder to reach anything) and then I put the ladder in the barn. I'm not allowing any more temptation to be placed before my eyes!

I like my homeschool phone book, but I already ordered my big order from RR. That order is waiting impatiently to be put into action. The RR catalog is currently sitting on the coffee table under my heel. I had to set it down there this morning after spending time happily looking at things I certainly do not need before I decided to add those unneeded items to my shelf. :D

Mandy, giving a confession only other homeschoolers can understand

I got mine for the first time, and it's just sat there.  Is it terrible that I can't get into it because there are no pictures?  lol  I guess it would be good to use as a reference if you wanted to look up something specific, but no way can I use it to shop.

I can't use it.  When I open it up, my brain shuts down.

The trick to getting into the RR catalog is to look up a subject that you're interested in, say... geography.

Then suddenly, it's two hours later and you're flipping through the writing curriculum even though you don't need writing curriculum, and you're wondering where the last two hours went. It's like the homeschool catalog version of Youtube. It just sucks you in.

I don't usually use it to shop either, the website is easier (although I would really like them to improve their search function), and it's great to see pictures and samples (OK...now that I think of it...their samples could use a big improvement too!).  The catalog is handy to have to look specific things up though. 

I really like the cover of the catalog this year...with all the snapshots of RR through the years.  That's pretty neat. 

I wonder how much it costs to print just one catalog and ship it?  I wonder how many catalogs they print and ship? 

Hmmm...I'm such a deep thinker this morning. 

You actually read it?  Cover to cover?  :huh:

:lol:

I've done so as well, a couple of years ago. It really helped me to know what's out there. Looking at the samples online distract me...I don't like the lay-out and click it away, or have something else against it, without giving it a chance. Now I only read the new reviews.

I don't receive one because I'm in Ireland. I have to place on order FIRST, and with my order I receive my new catalog....which is a bit useless as I would have just spent all my money.