Menu

Will you be watching the Democratic Convention this week?

Will you be watching the DNC?  

1. 1. Will you be watching the DNC?

• Yes. I'm a registered Democrat.
    • No. I'm a registered Democrat.
    • Yes. I'm a registered Republican.
    • No. I'm a registered Republican.
    • Yes. I'm a registered Independent.
    • No. I'm a registered Independent.
    • Other (i.e. I couldn't care less)

I picked yes. I'm also a registered Republican (surprised? I think not!). But, I'm a huge political junkey and find the conventions a ton of entertainment! This year, though, I'm watching a little differently because I'm not totally sold on John McCain (although, a lot depends on who he chooses as his running mate). I won't be voting Obama, but, the conventions are a place where up and coming members of the different political parties are featured and I like to see what's coming down the line!

Oh yeah! We're having a pizza, popcorn and politics party on Thursday night to watch Obama get the nomination.

Homemade pizza

salad

Sam Adams Summer Ale

Mike's (of course!)

popcorn later (whirly-pop!)

and lots of cheering here!

Astrid (and the rest of the Yellow Dog Democrats in this house...dh, dd and my mom!)

Oh yeah! We're having a pizza, popcorn and politics party on Thursday night to watch Obama get the nomination.

Homemade pizza

salad

Sam Adams Summer Ale

Mike's (of course!)

popcorn later (whirly-pop!)

and lots of cheering here!

Astrid (and the rest of the Yellow Dog Democrats in this house...dh, dd and my mom!)

Your enthusiasm is infectious. And girl, you know how to have a party!!!! LOL

I'll be watching every minute. Will you be watching the Republican Convention? Even though I'm a Republican, I always watch both.

Have fun, Astrid! :party:

This is the only thing that, in 5 years with no tv, I will miss. Well, we have tv, watch dvd's from time to time, but no reception, no cable--there has been nothing I wanted to see on tv until now. Sorry to miss it, especially with Biden. And, yes, I am a registered democrat (I know, shock to all those who know me here :) ).

Registration form here contains Democratic, Republican, Libertarian, Unaffiliated and Other boxes to select from. If someone attempted to register, say, for the Mickey Mouse party, they'd wind up registered as an Unaffiliated.

Of course, you can vote in North Carolina on election day without being registered at all. You can vote on a provisional paper ballet.

It won't be counted or anything, but you've voted. :001_smile:

Those who go the early voting routine can register when they vote. Their votes count.

I plan to watch as much of it as I can, just to see the process and get to know as much as I can about the various people involved. Will do the same for the Republican convention, also. Last election I felt like I learned more about the overall views of both parties by watching speeches by some of the lesser-known and older members of the parties.

I'm registered as "Unaffiliated" and, at this point, plan to vote third-party. But I'm still feeling all up in the air about my options...it's almost like picking math curriculum this year.:lol: