Menu

Art history curriculum

This looks really great!  I don't mean to hijack this topic, but do you think this would be okay for older kids (middle school) or too immature for them?

Each lesson is introduced by a story, so as long as the student still enjoys hearing a story, it would be fine for that age. The art projects are definitely not below their level, and may even be easier for older students.

Each lesson is introduced by a story, so as long as the student still enjoys hearing a story, it would be fine for that age. The art projects are definitely not below their level, and may even be easier for older students.

Thanks!  My DD loves stories and art, so it sounds like a win-win.

I just got TWTM 3rd edition from the library. The logic section has lists of artist and composers that my 1st edition book doesn't have. I'm going to use those lists for all ages. I never hear anyone talking about those checklists.  :confused1:

Hunter - I was using the lists from Laura Berquist's Designing Your Own Classical Curriculum for planning this summer because TWTM 1st edition didn't have exactly what I was looking for. I'll have to check the 3rd edition out from the library to see how the checklist compares to what Berquist has. Thanks for the mention!

Thank you for reminding me of THIS book. :lol:

There are some major differences in TWTM 1st and 3rd edition. In the past I have gravitated towards 1st, but I really need to reread 3rd.