Menu

Ted Talks, anyone?

ChristyB in TN

Do you all watch or listen to Ted? John and I try to watch one every morning while drinking coffee and my son watches one a day as a part of his home schooling schedule. Do you have a favorite? I love this one http://www.ted.com/talks/kelly_mcgonigal_how_to_make_stress_your_friend by Kelly Mcgonigal and am currently reading 2 of her books!

Ken Robinson's talks on education are fantastic.

Amy Cuddy on body language is priceless. I used it during one of our sales meetings and it has remained a company favorite.

Jane Fond's Tedx talk was really good, I enjoy her outlook.

Sara Kay's If I have a Daughter http://www.ted.com/talks/sarah_kay_if_i_should_have_a_daughter

is incredible.

I listen to TED talks when I drive.  I don't have a functioning radio/CD player in my van so I put my iPhone in the cup holder and play random TED talks through the website (haven't downloaded app yet, just use safari brower)

I have heard some very good ones, unfortunately I can't remember the speaker's names.  :huh:

Sometimes a topic comes up that I know nothing about. I usually find those just as interesting, but a few I just had to skip over. 

I find I am enjoying it better than the radio now. 

Thanks for the link to the Kelly McGonigal talk- it was great!!! 

I love Ted talks but I sometimes have difficulty finding ones that I really like.  I would love a long thread here where folks would post links to their favorites so I could have a starting point.   How do you guys find talks that interest you? 

I listen to TED talks when I drive.  I don't have a functioning radio/CD player in my van so I put my iPhone in the cup holder and play random TED talks through the website (haven't downloaded app yet, just use safari brower)

I have heard some very good ones, unfortunately I can't remember the speaker's names.  :huh:

Sometimes a topic comes up that I know nothing about. I usually find those just as interesting, but a few I just had to skip over. 

I find I am enjoying it better than the radio now. 

I didn't think about doing this! I sometimes listen to Pandora with my iPhone. Thanks for the suggestion!

I enjoy TED talks too..  I can't remember specific ones... sorry.  but the one with the one with the guy who studies brain scans and discovered that he had the brain of a psychopath.  Very interesting.  Made me really think about this from as a Christian (what if someone's sin is because their brain is wired badly).

Also, then there was one recently from a paleontologist talking about the end of the dinosaurs.  Gosh, I'll have to go watch it again.  He talked about evidence that it may not have been a asteroid that killed the dinos.

I also enjoy NPR's TED hour on Sundays.

I like to listen to them through the NPR app, usually it's the highlights of a few talks on similar subjects and an interview with the speakers. My favorites full length talks are the talks by Ken Robinson and Sugata Mitra. There is also a really old one about car seats I think Steven Levitt did that I found pretty interesting.