Menu

Liberty's Kids for $5 on Amazon

camelcamelcamel let me know that Liberty's Kids (complete series on DVD) has dropped to $5, the lowest price in a year.

As an aside, I LOVE camelcamelcamel. I probably buy more than I ought to (psychological traps of sale price and all), but I have made it a point to put the items that I'd really like for our family/school on my watch list, at prices that I think are on the low side of possible. I've gotten a few deals this way. 

I'll be using it next year (as in academic year 2015-2016) when my kiddos will be 3, 2, and K. I don't think it's especially great for very little kids (under 8?), but YMMV. I'm sure my K will be watching it with my older kids, unless he's out digging a mud hole at the time ;)

Commonsense media says: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/tv-reviews/libertys-kids

Ok, if I buy this now is it something I would hold on to for the next few years or is it ok for little ones?

Not sure how little your littles are, but my 4yo loves it as well and went through a phase of dressing up as one of the characters and insisting we call him that.

My 4 year old loves it. We have only watched the first 5 or 6 episodes. Over and over. But he is quite familiar with the Boston Tea Party, Benjamin Franklin, Samuel Adams, John and Abigail Adams and even Phillis Wheatley.

The only downside was that my son told me that I talk too much for a woman. We don't watch mainstream TV so we don't often hear that kind of sass. All in all it wasn't too bad because it opened up a conversation about how different the times were.

So happy to have gotten this! My rising 3rd grader asked if we could check it out from the library again, she had tagged along a bit when her sister watched it, but wants to watch it "for real."  But the library's copy was badly scratched.  She will be so excited to have her very own!

Weird, last night it said it was the $17 & I didn't purchase it because we just watch them off YouTube for free. BUT, this morning it's back down to $5 & they only charged me $7 to ship here which made it worth it instead of trying to find the next episode on YouTube. ;) 

My daughter used to absolutely love that show!  I got it for the little guys (and probably her, too lol).  Best part is we have an Amazon Visa card that we use just for purchases on Amazon and it earns points that can only be used on physical goods from Amazon (most of what we buy are ebooks) so I got it totally free :)