Menu

Casey Anthony out on bond --- I hope her daughter is found safe.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17253396/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony was released late Thursday morning after a $500,000 bond was posted by high-profile, California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla and his behind-the-scenes bail bondsman nephew Tony Padilla. Casey, the mother of missing 3-year-old Caylee Anthony, had been in the Orange County jail for 36 days.

Casey's attorney Jose Baez held an umbrella over her head as she quickly left the jail. A crowd of reporters surrounded Casey as her attorney and Leonard Padilla pushed their way through the crowd.

"Did you kill Caylee?" WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked as she was led out, but Casey said nothing (watch video).

"Get away! Get away!" Baez yelled at reporters crowding the path to their waiting, black SUV. He got into a scuffle with a journalist, pushing him out of the way.

Casey then got inside the vehicle, followed by Baez and Padilla, and quickly left the scene. Baez said Anthony whispered into his ear on her way out, "I'm innocent. I'm going to walk out of this place with my head held high."

Anthony, who had been jailed since mid-July, arrived several minutes later at her parents' home, where she was fitted for an electronic monitoring device that plugs into her home phone..

This case horrifies me. It is one of those with no good ending (BTW, Nancy Cooper's murderer is still unfound.) I hope Caylee is found safe...though I can't imagine how it can be...

Do you think any believes in her innocence. Wouldn't a mother be screaming until someone listened if their child was truly missing at the hands of someone else. she's way to quiet, what could she possibly be afraid of that would make her not talk? Unbelievable that she can go on like this. I am sure there is a whole lot more we don't know about but it surely does not shine at good light on mother or grandmother.

I can't imagine that a parent wouldn't be giving every last detail about how to save their child even if it meant incriminating themselves.

So, either my standards are off or the child is no more.

Either way it doesn't sound like the mother is playing with a full deck.

The bounty hunter was on the news one morning last week saying he was going to find the little girl in a week once he had the mother out. Clock's tickin' cowboy man!

What disturbs me most about this is that this mother is now a celebrity. I see something about her on the news every day. There are tons of missing kids that could use this kind of press but don't get it because the family isn't "made for TV".

Do you think any believes in her innocence. Wouldn't a mother be screaming until someone listened if their child was truly missing at the hands of someone else. she's way to quiet, what could she possibly be afraid of that would make her not talk? Unbelievable that she can go on like this. I am sure there is a whole lot more we don't know about but it surely does not shine at good light on mother or grandmother.

Really, who would not report their daughter missing for a month but "conduct their own investigation" but during that "investigation" you were really out partying??

I don't think they will find this poor little girl alive. It is so sad. I just pray the truth comes out.

Let's see -- she borrowed a shovel, gasoline, took her parents car, money.

Aside from gardening projects, when have you ladies ever used a shovel? And gasoline?

And not reporting the girl missing, but partying?

Oh, please, I'm leaning toward accidental death (she left her daughter in the car while she partied or something and she died).

I agree. I think it was accidental, too. Maybe she was drunk or high at the time and freaked out about calling 911. Either way to keep carrying on like this shows her supreme lack of character. She may be off mentally or she may just be a spoilt brat used to her parents cleaning up her messes. Yeah, she needs to start talking. I have no respect for her.

• 2 weeks later...

The mother is back in jail now, on unrelated charges, with the original bond revoked.

The grandmother now says that the dead body smell she smelt was a body that placed in her daughters car after it had been towed and put in lock up. :glare: I'm not quite buying that one.

I hope they find the little girl, so that she be laid to rest in peace.