Menu

I need a new crockpot chicken recipe.

Truscifi

I have chicken breasts to throw in the crockpot tonight, but my usual 3 recipes are...meh. I'm just not feeling it. I need something new. So please share your best recipes!

(My usual are bbq chicken, chicken taco filling - the one with the corn and black beans, and chicken and mushrooms.)

If you don't mind a variation on chicken and mushrooms, and don't mind the use of cream o'carp soup...

We take ch breasts, cut in half, wrap with bacon, and put in the crockpot with 2 cans of undiluted mushroom garlic soup, extra cup or so of cut up creminis, and later,  a little before it's done (or right away, doesn't matter) a small container of sour cream. Serve over couscous.

Here's basically our recipe (we add mushrooms). It's fall apart, super tender goodness.

I have honey sesame chicken in the crock for tonight.  I make lo mein noodles to go with it.

3 chicken breasts
salt, pepper, garlic powder
2 T sesame oil
a few shakes of soy sauce
juice of 1-2 small lemons or limes
1/3-1/2 c honey
sprinkle w/sesame seeds

cook on low all day

Dc like chicken breasts with cream of chicken soup cooked in the crockpot.  You can add a bit of milk to make it stretch further.  Towards the end, cut or tear into pieces canned biscuits and place on top.  Cover crockpot and let cook until biscuits are done inside.

BBQ rub and a splash of apple cider vinegar

Jar of pesto, add a block of cream cheese about 30 mins before dinner, stir and serve over pasta

Caesar dressing--shred then serve on buns with romaine lettuce and Parmesan shavings

Chili powder and lime juice (1 TB powder, 1 tsp salt, about 1 lime for 1-2 lbs of chicken) for versatile shredded Tex-Mex chicken

Enchilada sauce, canned or homemade, green or red

Salsa verde variation of salsa chicken

Buffalo sauce--can add ranch dressing to temper heat of shredded buffalo chicken

Jar of pasta sauce (or homemade ingredients). I like Giada's creamy tomato from Target. Otherwise I use homemade.

Buffalo chicken sandwiches, here.  We make this a lot. I now skip the dry ranch, because we can't tell the difference. The challenge, imo, was to find great wing sauce.  I used Frank's in the beginning, and they were HOT!  Our favorite wing sauce turned out to be Kroger brand.  Go figure.

My chicken and mushrooms has a creamy sauce that sounds similar to several of these suggestions, but they would be nice variations. The sesame chicken sounds great, but I made cashew chicken last week (I think that exhausted my new chicken recipe capacity for a bit). Ds found a recipe for honey chicken that has dried fruit, so we are going to try that one for tonight. I make crockpot chicken most weeks though, so I definitely need more suggestions.