Menu

I don't use a pic for my avatar, but I have one on my profile. I don't like ANY pic of me. I would not be able to handle seeing my face on every post. It took me forever to even post one anywhere because it just makes me uncomfortable. I'm trying to face my fears and move into the current day and age. But I'm not used to it yet. :o

I don't use a pic for my avatar, but I have one on my profile. I don't like ANY pic of me. I would not be able to handle seeing my face on every post. It took me forever to even post one anywhere because it just makes me uncomfortable. I'm trying to face my fears and move into the current day and age. But I'm not used to it yet. :o

I just looked...that is a good picture! I would use it as your avatar. I love seeing everyone. It's nice to put a face to a name.

I just looked...that is a good picture! I would use it as your avatar. I love seeing everyone. It's nice to put a face to a name.

Thanks. :blushing: Right after I posted I thought about how much I enjoy seeing everyone else's pics in their avatars. I'll keep it on the profile page for now, that's about all the public display I can handle. Maybe one day I'll get the nerve to use it as an avatar. Probably not. :lol:

Mine was taken by my dh from his iPhone while dining out at one of our favorite mexican restaurants. I have one that is very similar on my blog profile, but I'm actually smiling in that one. I chose this one because I like seeing my ds smiling in it and he's not in the other one. LOL!

BTW, my dh is a freelance photographer and I feel bad for him because these are about as good as my pics get. I always have either my eyes closed, goofy face, etc. He uses my ds as a model when trying new things instead. :lol:

Melissa

I think it's a great picture of you! You look very pretty - and young! :001_smile:

It's so funny how our avatars begin to identify us. I really thought you were just a pretty bottle! :D

I think it's a great picture of you! You look very pretty - and young! :001_smile:

It's so funny how our avatars begin to identify us. I really thought you were just a pretty bottle! :D

:lol: I'm not quite that bottom-heavy. :lol:

(And thanks! :blushing:)

For those of you who have your picture as your avatar. Do you like your pic? Or do you think it's acceptable because someone else told you it was good (like a wonderful dh or so)?

...my avatar pic isn't really me. (Although I believe it captures my essence.)

The profile pic I have is one that...fit, lol. Seriously, I'm not the best at figuring out how to size stuff on the computer, and that one had already been cropped and sized...so I used it.

It's about as flattering as any pictures of me get. ::Sigh::

The profile pic I have is one that...fit, lol. Seriously, I'm not the best at figuring out how to size stuff on the computer, and that one had already been cropped and sized...so I used it.

That's a nice pic Jill!

I really like your picture, Jill! You look great! :001_smile:

I don't like any pics of myself, either. I'm not all that photogenic. My profile pic is the only decent one I could find.

I love my avatar picture too much to replace it with a photo of myself. (My avatar represents the name of my photo blog ~ "Ski to Sea".) My own picture is in my profile and yes, I like it. I guess I'm either vain or delusional or just easily satisfied because I'm not one who tends to dislike pics of myself.

and it is still on my profile page. I like it b/c I had just gotten my hair done that day . . . after not getting it cut or anything for over a year!

I changed my avatar a couple of weeks ago to match my user name. In the future, I might switch the two {profile pic and avatar}. I like change.:)

Okay, little missy! Or, should I say gorgeous gal? WE like to see your picture! It's not about you, it's about us! :D

It took me a few hours to take that picture! I'm holding the camera, lol! It's actually a picture taken at the end of the day, around 9 pm or so on the same day I had my haircut. I was never able to style my hair the same way again, thank you very much.

I'm actually happy with the picture, I wasn't at the time but I thought it was good enough to use.

I usually pick a pic that I think I look good in. Once, though on a board I used to visit I had a close-up as my avatar. I thought I looked pretty good in it. Dh walked by and said, "Wow, that's not the greatest picture of you." :glare:

So I guess I am not a good judge. :shrug:

My current avatar was taken 3 weeks ago at our nephew's wedding.:)