Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

It's supposed to rain :(
- boil down sap and gather- started boil down
- dishes- done
- order bark collar for Chip to keep neighborhood peace (though I don't think it's him doing all the barking)- done
- fold a load of laundry- done
- take dd2 in for her first round of immunizations- done
- get dd1 from school- done
- dinner- fish and fries
- bedtime routine
- tidy house- done
- read/ self Ed (I have a feeling I will get some accomplished after I get home with the girls, dd2 will most likely want to be held after her shots)

It's going to rain here, too. In fact there's a possibility of tornadoes across GA. I'm concerned about dh traveling home. He'll  be leaving in the midst of it hitting there. He says he'll watch it and leave later if he needs to do so. Dd has Spanish this afternoon, but the teacher will cancel if there are still tornadoes possible. 

Already done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

coffee and computer time

Today:

school with ds: science, reading, history, math, grammar, Awana

school with dd: Chemistry, Alg 2, Spanish, ACT prep

lunch

take dd to Spanish if we have class and tea afterwards

dinner

work on a project not finished from the weekend (not sure yet which one)

Good morning everyone!

Hope you have a wonderful Monday.

Hoping for some answers today and tomorrow so we can get going on the new med regimen with Rowan.  Kind of wired until I know what I need, I hate not being able to immediately get on all this.

Lunch with Mom

School with youngest

Grocery shopping

taxes done!

Lizzie--praying for you all! 

Please be praying for me. I'm afraid it's going to be a rough week. This week would have been Mother's birthday, so I know I'm going to be missing her even more. 

We're also really upset about some things at our church. Our pastor resigned, and we don't feel like things are being handled well since he left. We just found out about some more of it yesterday. While we love our church, we honestly aren't super connected to anyone there. We liked the pastor the most, and his teaching is what brought us there. We direct Awana and dh teaches Sunday School. He loves his class, too. Our dd has some really good friends there, but she would stay connected even if we didn't go there. Ds has friends, too, but he has friends elsewhere.  We aren't sure what we'd do because we are unique in our theology. We're pentecostal, but we don't feel that should be the emphasis of a church. We don't want to attend a church which teaches against it, but we feel we are very different in our focus and the purpose of the gifts of the Spirit. We approach the Bible much more intellectually and open minded than most pentecostals. There are a few in the church who lean more toward the kind of church we don't like, and I feel they are going to influence the direction the church takes as we are searching for a new pastor. 

:grouphug: Amy! I understand about your mom (the first year was the roughest) and about your church issue (dh and I don't feel "at home" in our parish anymore).

For us:
--school
--dentist 3pm
--pick up a flat of pansies on the way home if it's not pouring
--exercise
--register for a webinar scheduled for tomorrow
--the usual house stuff and dinner

Good Morning Everyone! 

Amy... :grouphug:  and I definitely understand you church issues.  

Lizzie...I hope you and Rowan will find the help that you need to get her better.

It's raining here as well this morning...which is wonderful for the grass seed, bulbs and flowers we planted this weekend.  

Today:

• tidy of the first floor
  • laundry-one load of each
  • clean up my desk from lesson planning...it's a mess
  • take ds to ortho for a little repair work
  • work on lesson plans for after spring break
  • revamp ipod for walking
  • cook something yummy for dinner 

Have a great day! 

Prayers for you both, Lizzie and Amy.  

Amy my husband and I identify so much with this statement:

'We're pentecostal, but we don't feel that should be the emphasis of a church. We don't want to attend a church which teaches against it, but we feel we are very different in our focus and the purpose of the gifts of the Spirit. We approach the Bible much more intellectually and open minded than most pentecostals.'

I was raised A/G.  I miss a good church service.  One day I hope we can find  a good church home again.

Today is:

School
Dishes are going
Laundry is going

I think that's about it.  I am so ready for summer break!!

:grouphug: Amy. It has been a rocky few years here with me, the kids, and the Church. Dh is very happy though, which makes it harder. Lizzie, I hope your get your new directions soon, continuing to pray for your dd.

I am back from practice. School to do, ds1 has a physical this afternoon. I have some computer stuff to do, pay some bills, general clean up, laundry. Our windows have been open to the spring weather, so I try to dust a room everyday to keep up.

Have a great day everyone!

((Amy)) and ((Lizzie)) - praying for both of you.

Dropped dd off at the glorified teen babysitting service that the Y provides so she can hopefully meet some friends and not be so bored all the time.  

Need to call ds's allergist.  He's been on Benadryl every day for the past week and we're at the beginning of April. . . 

Amy my husband and I identify so much with this statement:

'We're pentecostal, but we don't feel that should be the emphasis of a church. We don't want to attend a church which teaches against it, but we feel we are very different in our focus and the purpose of the gifts of the Spirit. We approach the Bible much more intellectually and open minded than most pentecostals.'

I was raised A/G.  I miss a good church service.  One day I hope we can find  a good church home again.

It's good to know we aren't alone in our thinking! Let's pray we both find the right place for us. 

Ds is playing when he is supposed to be doing his grammar and math(I'm getting ready to go, so I don't have time to do major intervention.) He is going to be very sad when I don't let him play with the other kids during Spanish class. Hopefully it will be a good lesson learned. 

Good Morning Everyone! 

Amy... :grouphug:  and I definitely understand you church issues.  

Lizzie...I hope you and Rowan will find the help that you need to get her better.

It's raining here as well this morning...which is wonderful for the grass seed, bulbs and flowers we planted this weekend.  

Today:

• tidy of the first floor
  • laundry-one load of each
  • clean up my desk from lesson planning...it's a mess
  • take ds to ortho for a little repair work
  • work on lesson plans for after spring break
  • revamp ipod for walking
  • cook something yummy for dinner 

Have a great day! 

I have basically been a vegetable today.....I've done nothing on my list....

I did go to Costco and pick up fresh produce, a chicken and bread.

I took ds to his ortho...

But other than that...nothing.  The rainy weather made for a good rest day.  Tomorrow I'll get it all caught up and exercise.

My part of school is done. She is working on her research paper now. Dentist was fine, as usual (thank goodness we have boring mouths!). We didn't pick up any flowers as the rain has been very heavy for hours.

After dinner dd and I are heading to a new Plato's Closet (resale clothes for teens, mainly). She has her new quarterly clothing allowance burning a virtual hole in her virtual pocket :D

I still have to register for that webinar...