Menu

Legoland California?

mommymonster

Hi Folks,

We were planning a trip to the Midwest to visit family, but DH saw that it was -18 degrees at our family's farm. So, I think we just booked a trip to Legoland for next week. DH got a bit crazy with the Internets this morning.  :lol:

We have never been to Legoland before, but have been to San Diego and Orange County. We are planning to be in San Diego for four days.  I have two boys, 8 and 4. We are staying offsite. What should I know?  How many days will we want to spend at Legoland (realistically)? What else should I know?

It should be easy to find a buy one adult, get one free coupon. Three weeks ago I went to get my kids Happy Meals at McDonalds just for the LegoLand coupon (my kids don't even like their nuggets or burgers).  

This link might work to get a free kids ticket.

http://www.legoland.com/promo/TLM2014.htm

I think one day is enough to see all of Legoland. It isn't really that big.

My kids loved Midway Aircraft Carrier in San Diego. 

Legoland was our FAVORITE theme park when DD was small (4-5 years old.)  There is so much for the little ones to enjoy, unlike the larger parks where many rides are limited to taller children.  For us, two days was great.  It allowed us to take our time, rest when the short legs needed it, and schedule nap time in the afternoon (Yay!).  With only four days, however, I don't know whether you'll want to schedule that much time.  I guess it depends on how much your children enjoy theme parks.

I went to law school in San Diego; what a fabulous place for a vacation!  Please know that there is, in a part of the country that is bracing for another round of extremely cold weather, a woman who is bitterly envious.  Have fun for both of us, will you please? :drool5:

We're going to LEGOLAND in May. We took our oldest when she was about 4 - we went during off season, and most of the park was closed down. The water park wasn't built yet back then. This time we're going mainly for the water park. We're bringing the travel trailer and staying off property, and plan to do at least 2 days at LEGO. One day for the rides, and one day for the water park. We're still deciding if we want to go to San Diego zoo, or just hang out at the beach the rest of the week. 

Have a fun trip!  :001_smile:

We're going to LEGOLAND in May. We took our oldest when she was about 4 - we went during off season, and most of the park was closed down. The water park wasn't built yet back then. This time we're going mainly for the water park. We're bringing the travel trailer and staying off property, and plan to do at least 2 days at LEGO. One day for the rides, and one day for the water park. We're still deciding if we want to go to San Diego zoo, or just hang out at the beach the rest of the week. 

Have a fun trip!  :001_smile:

The Zoo is fabulous; I wouldn't miss it if you've not yet been. 

(Sorry for the bit of hijacking, OP, but I couldn't resist.  I really love San Diego!)

We parked at Carlsbad premium outlets and walked to Legoland to save on parking. My kids love the waterpark which is inside Legoland. We spent a few days there. The aquarium is small and took us a morning, and my boys spent the rest of the day at the waterpark.

San Diego Zoo is lovely. My kids love the cable car and double decker buses. The pipe organ at Balboa Park is lovely too.

We went to the waterpark in legoland in the summer and that was a lot of fun. Legoland is small, so a day would be enough. They have an aquarium that you can add on to the trip. And there is the Carlsbad flower gardens just outside - don't miss it http://www.theflowerfields.com/

If you still have time, go to the zoo, seaworld or the safari park.

Check your local costco - or the san diego costco and they usually have good deals on the tickets to the parks.