Menu

Movies! (with teens and pre-teens)

Ipsey

Ok, DH and I are trying to compile a list of movies we want to watch with the kids.

They don't have to be super complicated or the "great" movies. (Though, we'll def. to Citizen Kane and Lawrence of Arabia, etc.)

But I'm just thinking about fun movies, culturally recognized movies.

So, 

Indiana Jones

Back to the Future

The Blues Brothers (Yeah, I remember this has a lot of swearing)

Jaws

Stuff like that.

Let's hear it, hive! Populate our list. :D

I thought the new Three Musketeers movie had a certain charm. We watched Airplane the other day. I had forgotten the 3 sec shaking bare b00b shot plus some s*xual humor, though. Ds is old enough it's wasn't an issue, but noting that just in case. 

Also with older movies, PG13 didn't exist, so check online for appropriateness with PG movies. I saw Goonies again not too long ago, it had way more swearing than I remember. 

Prince of Persia is another favorite

I think the reason a lot of those 80's movies seem to have scenes and swearing we don't remember as kids is because most of us watched them on network tv, where they were edited.  I remember watching Harry and the Hendersons on tv when I was a kid and thought my 10 year old at the time would like it.  We were shocked at some of the language that I DO NOT remember being in it and know my mom wouldn't have let me watch.  Then I remembered watching in on tv.  Same goes for the movie Annie.  We watched it on tv, I remember it coming on like a special and we set up a big night to watch it with popcorn and everything.  When I tried to do this with my kids, I was caught off guard by the B word at the end.  Didn't remember THAT.  So maybe a lot of us watched these movies on network and that is why we don't remember them being "that bad"

My picks:Clue and What about Bob