Menu

Best hardcore, waterproof winter boots for kids

cdrumm4448

Many kids around here are wearing BOG boots.  They were designed as barn/farm/chore boots but are waterproof and warm.  They have different temperature ratings depending on the model but they have cute styles for kids as well.  www.bogsfootwear.com  You can click on the temperature rating you want to find ones best suited to your needs.  They hold up very well too.  My dd wears her boots for hours a day about 300 days a year (she wears them almost year round here) and no cracks, etc.

Bogs get heavy duty use around here, but they are not for major hiking - my kids would get blisters if they wore them on a day-long hike. For outdoor chores and wearing around town, fine. Super comfy, easy to wash off, and great insulators - no cold feet. For longer hiking, I would get Sorels, but they are much heavier and harder to put on/take off because they lace up. Bogs are pull-on. Both brands last a long time. The Sorels I am wearing right now are about 20 years old.

We've had over 5 feet of snow this winter and with a warm streak this week, the sidewalks are all under several inches of water and there is still a TON of unmelted snow. DD wore her Kamik snow boots out this week. They were fine for snow but they leaked water when they got submerged while walking on the sidewalk. I just ordered her a pair of bogs. Reviews say they run small so I went up a size and I'm hoping she can wear them through spring as rain boots and maybe next year as well. I'll have to ask my mom to check the farm stores near her for some--that's a great tip. I know there is one she visits!

Bogs.  Definately Bogs.  I wear mine until the soles are gone.  The short person wears hers until we give them to the neighbor's granddaughter.  They slog through the disgusting mucky, icy yuck down by the barn, get hosed off, and look cute for town.  Mucks are okay, but they don't have the style options that the Bogs do.

Definately Bogs.

(Can you tell that I'm a fan?)

Bogs, Sorel or Kamik are my 3 go to brands.

Bogs for really wet areas without deep snow.

Sorel or Kamik for primarily snow or cold.  They are tighter on the top of the leg, so snow doesn't fall inside if you get into deep areas.