Menu

I hate this

Only me

My dd is 1200 miles away for an internship. I know she is an adult but she has had a tough week. She is on meds for depression. She got a refill last week and didnt realize it was a higher dose. She started to have weird symptoms and ended up in th ER in wed. They thought that she might have seratonin syndrome. She didnt but she had a bad reaction to the increased dose. They have her an IV med to help and discharged her 5 hours later. She was very incoherent when I talked to her so it was hard to know what was going on. They wouldn't talk to me since she is over 18. She thought she had signed the papers giving he permission to talk to them but apparently they don't have that paper in the ER. She apparently needed to give verbal permission but didnt know that. They didn't tell her and she was too out of it to ask. She was off the med for two days but still had some symptoms but couldn't get in to see any psychiatrists. She started the med again last night at a lower dose and is back on the ER now with even worse symptoms. I hate being 1200 miles away. I'm worried about her health and she is worried about getting fired. I would appreciate prayers.

Oh my gosh, that's just awful!!!

Is there any way for you to get there so you can be with her until they get her medications straightened out? She must be so scared, and I can't even imagine how frightened and helpless you must be feeling right now.

I'm so sorry. :(

Praying here. :grouphug:

Guest submarines

:grouphug:  Can you go there?

Is there a way to find a patient advocate? I'd be calling every possible local organization, if it wasn't possible for me to fly there. She needs someone with her.

My dd is 1200 miles away for an internship. I know she is an adult but she has had a tough week. She is on meds for depression. She got a refill last week and didnt realize it was a higher dose. She started to have weird symptoms and ended up in th ER in wed. They thought that she might have seratonin syndrome. She didnt but she had a bad reaction to the increased dose. They have her an IV med to help and discharged her 5 hours later. She was very incoherent when I talked to her so it was hard to know what was going on. They wouldn't talk to me since she is over 18. She thought she had signed the papers giving he permission to talk to them but apparently they don't have that paper in the ER. She apparently needed to give verbal permission but didnt know that. They didn't tell her and she was too out of it to ask. She was off the med for two days but still had some symptoms but couldn't get in to see any psychiatrists. She started the med again last night at a lower dose and is back on the ER now with even worse symptoms. I hate being 1200 miles away. I'm worried about her health and she is worried about getting fired. I would appreciate prayers.

She's ok now. They gave her something to offset the meds. She seems better now. Today went a lot better than wed actually but I was pretty scared there for awhile after her experience on wed.

So is she out of the ER and back at her hotel? I'm a little confused.

Is someone there with her to make sure she doesn't have any more adverse reactions? Did the doctors figure out what she should do in terms of her ongoing medications?

Honestly, I really think you should be there with her until you're sure she is fine and that her medications are working properly. I know she's technically an adult, but it sounds like she may not be thinking clearly when she has a reaction to the meds.

I hope she is OK. :grouphug:

She is out of the ER and back at her apartment with her roommates. It was Wednesday that she wasnt thinking clearly due to the meds they gave her to offset the reaction. Today it originally seemed like a worse reaction due to addition of some kind of rash and a few other things. They are lowering her meds and she is following up on Monday. She is tiny and was on way too high of a dose. Wednesday they sent her home and she couldn't even hold a glass she was so out of it. Luckily she has great roommates. When she first called me at 5:30 this morning I thought that she was alone at the hospital. I wasn't even sure how she got there but I feel much better now that i know she isn't alone.