Menu

Absence really does make the heart grow fonder...

Joker

Oldest dd, who is about to be 14, is on an 8th grade class trip out of state since Sunday. She couldn't wait to leave and barely sent any texts in the beginning. She has slowly been texting more and the latest was, "goodnight momma". Then, "*hugs*". That was followed by an, "I love u". She enjoys her friends but seems a bit tired of them at this point. She will be home in about seven hours and I can't wait to see her!

I guess I just really wanted to share this somewhere and am too excited to sleep, so I felt like sharing here (especially since so many of us wonder if our teens will ever be normal again :tongue_smilie:).

I got that last night from my oldest.  She's "away" at college.  Twenty minutes away, but living on campus.  We'll get an occasional text or email.  But most sightings are led by us.  Most talking is led by us too - usually with a text that says "call me when you get a minute."  Last night she called!  Great I thought.  But then I could not get her off the phone.  Nice chat, really just so unusual.

That's lovely!  Eldest communicates a great deal with me when she is away via text.  My bff and sisters do as well.

I didn't want to delete many of them, they were special to me.  My sister in law that died two years ago also would text me often while she battled cancer.  Her texts were also precious to me, even more so now.  I have an app on my phone called sms backup that backs up my texts and sends them to their own folder in my gmail so I have all these wonderful conversations to look back on any time I like.  So grateful for them.