Menu

List of Degree Programs at State University :)

Okra

When I was at Penn State, you had to have a major for paperwork purposes.  If you were exploring options, they had undecided (i think it was called something else) as your major while you took classes and figured it out. 

I'm not sure why its so funny?

When I was at Penn State, you had to have a major for paperwork purposes.  If you were exploring options, they had undecided (i think it was called something else) as your major while you took classes and figured it out. 

I found it funny because it's actually listed as a viable major among the 150 actual majors.  As far as I know, no one actually graduates as an undecided major.  

I know that a lot of students enter college undecided and may not know when they are first declaring and may need to enter undecided, but this was a brochure for incoming students listing the majors.

I find many things funny - especially in brochures.

While many students are undecided about what they are going to major in.  I found it amusing that this was listed as an actual degree.  So, when your kid is all done and finished with college, they could say, "Yeah, I got a Bachelors in Undecided."  

Seriously, how many graduates actually have a Degree in "undecided"?!?

It is not uncommon to have a "General Studies" degree as an option. I know our local CC offers an A.A. in General Studies for students who intend to transfer to a 4 year university but are not sure yet what they want to study. The student fulfills the general ed requirements for the Cal State system and then I guess picks a major upon transferring to CSU.

The number and breath of majors offered at a university is usually something colleges "brag" about.  I still find it funny that in that in their advertising brochure they listed undecided as a major.   It may have been an oversight, or it may well be there to assure someone applying that they don't need to know right away.  General Studies to me is very different from a "Major in Undecided". 

VA Tech had one that was three minors, so you never did decide on a major. However, I think it had a name other than undecided. I had some sorority sisters in it.

My dd would have loved that!  She ended up designing her own major but had to jump through all kinds of hoops - the upside is that just about all the faculty know her very well now :p