Menu

The Room by Fireproof games - anyone play?

PrincessMommy

I just discovered this game app for my new tablet (Samsung Galaxy) and I'm in love.  It's a beautifully done puzzle type game called The Room.  Reminds me of Riven or Myst, only on a smaller scale (it all takes place in one room with a series of boxes).   Graphics are lovely and puzzles are fun without being super hard.  The story-line is a bit silly.  I could definitely do without that part.  I guess the developers felt it was necessary, but I don't think so.  I don't think I needed it to solve any of the puzzles. 

I just finished the first game and am doing the (free) Epilogue.  I'll probably buy Room 2 when I'm done.

Thought I'd let others, who enjoy these types of games, know about it.  It is Christmas break after all. :D

edited to add: I should mention that it did give me some grief with freezing up my tablet.  I just had to reboot.  It didn't happen all the time, but enough to be annoying.

Yep, that was the first thing DH insisted I get for my iPad last year, and we both enjoyed it a lot. We just finished the Epilogue last night, actually, and are going to start the second one (which did just come out) soon. We both have enjoyed Myst and it's sequels and similar games (Syberia!) over the years too, so it was cool to see a tablet game of that genre.

It is also nice to have a distraction from my other game obsessions, Ticket to Ride (I just got DH hooked!) and Alchemic Phone (he hasn't yet discovered this one). :)