Menu

I lost the baby, now what?

Ann.without.an.e

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone help me with how to communicate these boundaries to my parents? My mom is very easily offended by me, so I want to make sure what I communicate is nuetral, to the point, and not emotionally "charged". Here is what I will need to communicate for next year...

I will not draw names amongst the adults (btw,I said that this year and I got the whole "its our house, our Christmas and that's what we've decided to do...) I would like to get my parents a gift though.

We are available in the morning or evening, as to not wreak havoc on my kids schedules (3/5 nap)

I will stay 2-3 hours (although if we do a morning thing or evening, we will naturally leave within that time, so maybe this does not have to be said)

We will not be bringing gifts for the kids, as my brother set that precedence. Again, perhaps doesn't need to be said.

Then, while we are there, I will spend most of the time with the kids as I agree the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I will make no effort to please my parents by staying in the same room as these people. I was the most miserable when that happened.

Do these things seem like firm boundaries for me, yet respectful of my parents? I'm shooting for a little of both here.

Can anyone help me with how to communicate these boundaries to my parents? My mom is very easily offended by me, so I want to make sure what I communicate is nuetral, to the point, and not emotionally "charged". Here is what I will need to communicate for next year...

I will not draw names amongst the adults (btw,I said that this year and I got the whole "its our house, our Christmas and that's what we've decided to do...) I would like to get my parents a gift though.

We are available in the morning or evening, as to not wreak havoc on my kids schedules (3/5 nap)

I will stay 2-3 hours (although if we do a morning thing or evening, we will naturally leave within that time, so maybe this does not have to be said)

We will not be bringing gifts for the kids, as my brother set that precedence. Again, perhaps doesn't need to be said.

Then, while we are there, I will spend most of the time with the kids as I agree the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I will make no effort to please my parents by staying in the same room as these people. I was the most miserable when that happened.

Do these things seem like firm boundaries for me, yet respectful of my parents? I'm shooting for a little of both here.

Did you mean to post this to your thread?