Menu

So, is amazon accurate?

happypamama

I was supposed to get something today, too, but it's in KY. I got an email about it, and they're giving me a $20 gift card "to compensate for this inconvenience!" It actually shipped as two orders, so maybe I have two $20 gift cards; I got two separate emails about it. Either way, I'm fine with how things turned out; I hope some of you still waiting have similar experiences.

I was supposed to get something today, too, but it's in KY. I got an email about it, and they're giving me a $20 gift card "to compensate for this inconvenience!" It actually shipped as two orders, so maybe I have two $20 gift cards; I got two separate emails about it. Either way, I'm fine with how things turned out; I hope some of you still waiting have similar experiences.

Mine usually come from KY, too. And my Prime shipments always take 4+ days. I'm getting really mad about it. Luckily my Christmas last minute gifts came on time, but overall, I'm getting very frustrated.

The original order showed up yesterday. Yay, but now the replacement is on its way to my house as I type this. I wrote Amazon about it. Amazon said I need to refuse the delivery (if I'm here) or go through the returns process.

Poor delivery person! After the huge volume of the season to have me refuse it just doesn't seem right!

Ugh, but hurray that the original arrived!

I received my package in time for today but the whole delivery was weird. I ordered it, the tracking said it was out for delivery, then the next day it said it was damaged in Memphis and was undeliverable. I live west of Chicago so if it was 'out for delivery' how could it have then been damaged in Memphis? 

Anyway, I called and got the order redone and it was on its way....and then I got an email from Amazon telling me to return the damaged items or I would be charged for the second shipment. When I got on Amazon's chat, I talked to the rep and he looked up what happened. I asked how I was supposed to send back items I never received- and here is his answer- " Using the prepaid mailing labels we emailed to you!". 

I can't complain too much- that was our 100th Amazon order in 2013 and the first one that got messed up.  But it had all of the gifts I ordered for dh and I was pretty frantic to get them!

Not accurate here this time.   :glare:  Usually they're pretty good.

I ordered something on the 6th, with expedited shipping, so it would arrive between the 18th or 24th.  The tracking info still shows on track to deliver by the 19th :huh: .  It sat for 7 days at the carrier facility in the US, and now it's sat for 5 days at customs here.

It was a christmas present for my father, pretty annoyed that I paid extra for shipping and it's still probably a week away (by the time it gets out of customs, travels interstate etc...)

I didn't get an order for a stocking stuffer for DH. It was something small <$8. They sent me email apologizing, refunded my shipping (there wasn't any) and fave me a $20 credit to my account.

This happened to me, too.  I am so excited about the $20 credit. The thing missing was $10, and I didn't really need it for Christmas.  I never count on things ordered at the last minute to actually get here, even if they're supposed to, so that credit is a wonderful gift.   I really need to buy some school books that I didn't buy due to Christmas spending, and that $20 combined with a $25 Amazon gift card from Swagbucks will allow me to get the books I need for the next month or so with no hit to the pocketbook.

I had another package that was supposed to show up on the 23rd.  It showed as leaving the carrier facility (or whatever it is when they print the label) on the 19th and that was it.  Nothing further at either Amazon or UPS.  

I called Amazon on the 23rd and the gal said it looks like it never made it into UPS's system.  Yep, that's what it looked like to me, also...

So she refunded me, I ordered again and she upgraded me to One Day in order to get it tomorrow. 

I checked Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Still no tracking updates on the first one...

Today, it showed up.   :rolleyes:  

Fortunately I managed to cancel the second before it actually shipped!